Ford recalls 37,000 SuperDuty trucks

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
These are the trials and tribulations of a first year model we all know this look at the early 99 strokes, 92 F-series and the 08 superduty. It's all part of it and Ford will work it out for their large base of Diesel owners.

wow i thought everybody forgot about the 92 fiasco.....cut firewall, fires, tranny -popcorn

oh and of course uncommand ABS applications at 60 mph to ZERO

regeneration high heat...sort of expected that............hope it works out, cause bama needs a new 450 KR

Manual 2500

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Also you have to sign the paperwork with this special ink pen...the ink is invisible.

Seriously though, it seems like they are doing what they can to get it out of the way and taken care of.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
F350drw1... it wont be dire straits for FORD...itll be called TOYOTA ;)

you knwo if you consider how these NEW trucks (and every other new
passenger diesel) work its not all that surprising theyre flame throwers.

periodically they OVER FUEL the truck to BURN the collected soot...
it even SOUNDS like a disaster waiting to happen.

Toyota? I know I've heard that name somewhere...don't they make soup cans? Or "Trucks" out of them? i know i've heard the name...:roflmao

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyota? I know I've heard that name somewhere...don't they make soup cans? Or "Trucks" out of them? i know i've heard the name...:roflmao

yeah probably have heard of 'em...theyre the PROFITABLE US Auto Maker...

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM

has the same or similar setup....Had a 4500 series behind me today when I was fueling up...the tech was saying they are having similar problems. I couldn't get over the "blow-torch" lookin exhaust tip. Must be near to 2", maybe 2.5" exhaust tip inside a 6" tube. He was commenting about how often it self-cleans. I couldn't help wondering how many fires will be started in farmers stubble fields when this is happening..imagine. They included that in their testing....ya think?

Be well!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64