Ford recalls 37,000 SuperDuty trucks

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was told by a friend that suposedly ford is recalling all of the 08 that were sold,scrapping the 6.4 and going back to the 6.0.i told him thats not whats happening.i told him they are reprogramming the PCM.he swears they are scrapping the 6.4 :confused: :confused:

since your "friend" knows so much about diesels...ask 'em how
OTHER passenger diesels are dealing w/ the 07 epa rules ?

and fwiw vw, mb, dodge, gm are ALL doing the same thing when
it comes to burning the collected diesel particals...

in a word...your friends a dumbass

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
since your "friend" knows so much about diesels...ask 'em how
OTHER passenger diesels are dealing w/ the 07 epa rules ?

and fwiw vw, mb, dodge, gm are ALL doing the same thing when
it comes to burning the collected diesel particals...

in a word...your friends a dumbass

well i wasnt gonna waste my time replying to you but anyways.

you not knowing my friend have no room to call him a dumbass.did i mention anything about other manufacturers dealing with the EPA standards?umm let me reread my post.....................nope i didnt.did i attack you? well another reread and.....nope i didnt.

i havent been keeping up with the 6.0-6.4 info.my buddy was told this by somebody else and i thought i would ask the guys here if they heard of it or not.i didnt ask for a completely unfounded reply from you.so please unless you have some relevent info on what i asked please keep your comments to your self.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Your friend is your friend, and only you know if he is a dumbass.

That being said, ask your friend this. The 6.0 is an engine that has nearly all of the bugs out. If Ford COULD have stayed with the 6.0, don't you think that they would have, considering their present financial situation.

The 6.4 was made to meet a government mandate for decreased emissions. The government ALSO made some last minute tweaks to their requirements that caused ALL of the major manufacturers to scramble to modify their engine management systems. Ford is not the only manufacutrer to experience the flamethrower effect from the diesel particulate cleaning cycle. Ford sells more diesel pickups than Dodge or GM combined. More sales = more exposure when things go wrong.

NOW, if your friend heard this from a friend who had an agenda or a bias against Ford and is spreading rumors to convince others that buying a Ford would not be a smart idea, then...I share the opinion that others have made towards your friend. Tell him to put up some solid proof, or shut up.:sorry

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok i deserve that...and its good that you defend your friend...my appology
to you...but anyone that makes such DUMB statments (your friend)
deserves to be educated & put in HIS place

Manual 2500

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Once they get all the reflashes taken care of, people can move on. Minor glitch, fix being applied, and life moves on. I wouldnt hesitate to buy one right now..since the flashes are being installed on any new truck built before it leaves the plant.

horse56

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
6.4 Recall

Hi, had my 2008 F-450 reprogrammed today...took less than 30 minutes. Have not noticed any performance change. Still a dream to drive!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track