Fords New Warranty

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
On the new 08 Superduty brochure/booklet it says on the back that the Diesel powertrain warranty is now 5 years/ 160,000 kilometers. So I called the dealer in Edmonton, spoke with service and was told it was a misprint and that the powertrain warranty is only 100,000 Kilometers.

I received an interesting phone call from the Service Manager at Freedom Ford in Edmonton. They followed up my enquiry from yesterday by phoning head office. The warranty has in fact been increased to 5 years 160,000 Kilometers now on the powertrain. Ford issued a Bulletin 3 weeks ago although the service manager hasn't received a copy yet.

He went on to explain that it includes the engine. tranny, rear end etc. That will be a pleasant surprise for a lot of owners. I didn't ask him if this includes the F150 as well.
I asked him if this includes the U.S. as well. He doesn't know.

GM already has 5 year 160,000 kilometer powertrain warranty. Either Ford has great confidance in they're trucks or are competing with GM.I think it's the former.

Worth checking out.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what was it before <in canada> ?

Mines always been 5yrs/100000 miles (fwiw 100,000miles = 160,000km).

The DRIVE LINE (trannie & rear) would be a NEW...NICE addition...although
i havent heard of any trannie or rear end failures...still and all it would
be nice.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
The big warranty has always been on the Diesel engine only.

The Powertrain was extended to 60,000 miles or 100.000 kilometers. Now it has been extended to 100,000 miles or 160,000 kilometers. As of 3 weeks ago.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thats nice...hope some one tells the dealers (they always
seem to prefer to mis-understand whats covered).

doesnt seem like a WHOLE lotta risk...the trannies are solid and
proven at this point...and although i had TWO rearend failures on
my f150 (96, gasser) I havent heard of ANY rearends or front diff
failures of anykind on a superduty.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I havent heard of ANY rearends or front diff
failures of anykind on a superduty.

There was one that blew apart to one of our members. The truck was lifted and had a programmer. It was also an 05 or 06. Other than that I have never heard of one having catastrophic failure. Counting how many superdutys that are out there there will be a few that go. Ford is rock solid on the powertrain and has been for a while. GM came out with higher warrenties to get ahead, not that there products are any better.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was one that blew apart to one of our members. The truck was lifted and had a programmer. It was also an 05 or 06. Other than that I have never heard of one having catastrophic failure. Counting how many superdutys that are out there there will be a few that go. Ford is rock solid on the powertrain and has been for a while. GM came out with higher warrenties to get ahead, not that there products are any better.

right...even my 96 f150 was an anomaly...the 2nd time was cause
the dealer wasnt allowed (by the warrenty company) to replace
all the seals and bearings...instead they were only allowed to replace
the bad pinion bearing (the truck was stock btw...although it did
perform quite a number of burnouts) :watchout hummm :watchout
maybe that WAS a contributing factor :sly

as they say...you can pay me now or pay me later...the 2nd re-repair
was paid for by the SAME insurance/warrenty company :D IDIOTS :D

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About the only thing that they'd be replacing on a 100k mile warranty on the rear ends is that pathetic joke of a limited slip. I'm working on my dealer to replace mine with a detroit trutrack... I'll buy it if they put it in. I'll never be back for that problem again... I've got 24k on the truck, and it's been toast since about 19k... this last snow did it in. 3rd gear half throttle and the left tire wasn't doing anything...

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
improved warranty coverage

""The big warranty has always been on the Diesel engine only.

The Powertrain was extended to 60,000 miles or 100.000 kilometers. Now it has been extended to 100,000 miles or 160,000 kilometers. As of 3 weeks ago.""

has been in place longer than 3 weeks....I bought my 06 last summer and it has the 100,000 (160,000) warranty on the complete vehicle...was announced the day I bought it...just a little extra the dealer had to persuade me, lol. A lot o good the warranty is to me...I hadn't used the truck in a month and put 5000k on in the last 4 days:(

Last edited:

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
Hey nasty, did you pay for the extra warranty cause I know I did. Now it's free. The ESP is still extra. That covers pretty much a lot more than the standard warranty.

I believe the warranty on the powertrain was extended to 100,000 Kilometers
(60,000 miles) last year. Now it has been extended to 160K or 100 miles.

The ESP is seperate from that. I intend to get that as well.:)

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey nasty, did you pay for the extra warranty cause I know I did. Now it's free. The ESP is still extra. That covers pretty much a lot more than the standard warranty.

I believe the warranty on the powertrain was extended to 100,000 Kilometers
(60,000 miles) last year. Now it has been extended to 160K or 100 miles.

The ESP is seperate from that. I intend to get that as well.:)

No....didn't pay extra....my route is 800+ miles every day...gotta trust the builders and the maintenance guys. So far they haven't let me down much:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58