Forest River Tour

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, I forgot to congratulate max on his new rig:thumbs hope you have many many fun filled miles with it.....

Robert: The 5.5 Onan I put in the coach was the one I had in my 34RLTS, it only had 26 hrs on it and I wanted to transfer it to the 36RLTS. The 36RLTS came gen prepped so it was easy.

WD40: I'm in South Florida on the east coast about 60 miles north of West Palm Beach

Hopefully I can make the Texas rally, When is it?

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, I forgot to congratulate max on his new rig:thumbs hope you have many many fun filled miles with it.....

Robert: The 5.5 Onan I put in the coach was the one I had in my 34RLTS, it only had 26 hrs on it and I wanted to transfer it to the 36RLTS. The 36RLTS came gen prepped so it was easy.

WD40: I'm in South Florida on the east coast about 60 miles north of West Palm Beach

Hopefully I can make the Texas rally, When is it?

Thanks Pete; although I have not received mine yet. In fact if all goes as planned, it should be finished at the factory today.

If all goes well, I hope to be in Texas around rally time.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Thanks Pete; although I have not received mine yet. In fact if all goes as planned, it should be finished at the factory today.

If all goes well, I hope to be in Texas around rally time.

Don't forget the pictures of the new RV :sweet

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the pictures of the new RV :sweet

It seems like forever waiting for our rv. My best guess is if they finished it Friday, they will need to make a last inspection, probably Monday. Then they put it into the lineup for transport, so hopfully they will have it in Redding by Wednesday, then I should be getting a call from the dealer. They will need to do a pdi, then I will give it another lookover, and hopefully, have it home by Friday.
I will take inside and outside pictures and post them. The only things different between ours and a standard 29rlbs is, 15k a/c, 6000 lb. axles, 16" wheels, carpet and linoleum are what they normally install in the sandpipers, and custom interior colors. We will probably get the slideout awnings, and also get the aerodynamic vent covers but, we will get them later. I do not want to delay the delivery.
This seems worse than waiting for our truck to arrive. We also ordered our truck from the factory, and it took two months to arrive.

Jspafford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Whew.. I hope you have better luck with all your Forest River campers. We have a 2002, that in the winter of 2005 needed a brand new rubber roof put on it, also the slide out roof was rotted too. They were no help. Said we needed to keep up on it. Little did they know I work at an RV dealer so I KNOW how to keep up on a trailer. I hear nothing but horror stories on their camper's leaking and them running and hiding when confronted about them!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg