Forum "Read" mark problems

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
guess what... doing it at home too. I thought not for a few days but it just did it when I did the steps I listed earlier. I think it might be some server setting? Posts I read at work are marked read once I get home (when this doesnt happen that is).

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Heres the settings................

. . .

Is anybody else having troubles?

Yeah - suddenly yesterday every single post is marked as "not read". I didn't change anything on my end or any of the forum settings -

Ron

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Yeah - suddenly yesterday every single post is marked as "not read".
Mine did the same thing. I think Tony made some changes this morning that will fix it.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
A switch from cookies to database read tracking was made and it reset back to 3/12/06. Seems to have fixed the issue i was seeing.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Yeah - suddenly yesterday every single post is marked as "not read". I didn't change anything on my end or any of the forum settings -

Ron
Let me know if things stay straight from here on out Ron, I made some changes last night that put the whole forum in a default "unread" mode. From here forward it should stay consistant though.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
from my perspective it is working great again. thanks for remembering this issue.

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Let me know if things stay straight from here on out Ron, I made some changes last night that put the whole forum in a default "unread" mode. From here forward it should stay consistant though.

Seems to being working fine now - marking them as read. Anyway for me to mark everything as read?

Thanks -

Ron

On Edit: Umm - never mind - the button "Mark Forums Read" right in front of my face took care of it - :doh:

Last edited:

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been happening for me for about 4 or 5 days...
like 12 pages of "unread"....

today it's only 3 pages, but since I read daily, curious if that is correct....

still think there might be an issue...
but will watch it and let ya know my experience :)
thanks !

on edit - I just had 10 pages of unread...
But why do I care to see this ?:
"The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts"...

If'n I didn't want to read them yesterday or the day before that, I probably don't want to read them today :)

Can you give us a "Mark all read" button so we can indicate we want to start over ????

Thanks !
JB

Last edited:
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
. . . .

Can you give us a "Mark all read" button so we can indicate we want to start over ????

Thanks !
JB

:D Yeah - that was my question in the post right above yours. Go back to the main forum page and look on the blue bar right below DIY, Article, FAQ WIKI and there is - Mark Forums Read - just click it.

Ron

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
FYI

We switched the settings back to cookie based as some users were experiencing difficulties with the databased operation and the "read forums" feature. So now we "got back like we was before we got like we is". What this means now is that if you log on and there are 200 unread posts and you only read 50 of them and log out, the next time you come back the remaining 150 that you didnt read will probably be marked as "read".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track