Found this elsewhere....

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
I feel better for runnin out and grabbin an 07 when there was still a bit of selection left. My doomsday fears are being substantiated...

I'm not paranoid if they're really watchin me (and my truck)...:eek:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just the idea of going in for smog checks would turn me away from on 08.
Our 06 should outlast me anyway.
BTW

We have an 93 IDI Diesel that was up at our ranch in Oregon, and cost us $31 per year to register. We brought it down here in Calif. and just registered it for $290. Lady says, "where is the smog label" (as she was looking at the engine)I told her it was a diesel. She says, oh well since the mileage is high 212K it would be ok. ????

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
i heard its illigal to make it so u have to run fords oil or products, that goes for anything like that, snpwmobeils and dirtbikes, they have to make it sou you can run oild made compadibal by other manufacutres such as amsoil and chevron, so if ford is really doing this, they will loose even more money in people sueing them

Joe T

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You would have to use compatible oils/lubricants/filters.

I have a Dodge Hemi/5 speed auto and supposidly if you run ATF+4 that isn't mopar brand you might get some tranny shutter... And yeah it is expensive, but not much more than the castrol ATF+4. No reason to risk it unless you just have to pick up a quart from the parts store.

FWIW, I'd like to see that 08 Super Duty with a 5.9 cummins out of an 06 dodge lol. Keep it simple.

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
Well as far as the aftermarket exhaust goes, in Diesel Power last month, Fabtech already put a 4" particulate filter back exhaust on a '08. So it looks like that's not a problem.

And for your oil choices, as long as it's a Low Ash/CJ-4 complient (which all your diesel oils pretty much are by now) you can run it with the new exhaust scrubbing equipment. And even tho it's a little more expensive, it's suppose to be a much better oil enviromentally and mechanically.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i understand what everyone is saying but i think some of you are missing the point.

the point is: that ford says only 'ford' products can be run in the vehicles or it will cause damage and if aftermarket stuff IS used when you bring it in to get worked on, they will find out and poof VOID. that is how i read and understand what they are saying.

that is what i dislike.... i am not saying (or he was not saying) you can't use other materials - it is your $$ and your choice. but if you play you gotta pay seems to be the underlying theme.

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
My '07 owner's manual says all that crap. They've always tried to enforce that, but they won't be able to. As long as you have all the emissions equipment, and use the emissions complient oils/fuels etc., they don't have a leg to stand on. What are they gonna say,"... but you have an aftermarket exhaust after your particulate filter, your vehicle is no longer emissions complient, warranty void!" "Screw you, prove it." Same crap we've always gone through man, just a new platform.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as far as the aftermarket exhaust goes, in Diesel Power last month, Fabtech already put a 4" particulate filter back exhaust on a '08. So it looks like that's not a problem.

they said that truck didnt have the emmisions exhaust appearantly...so thats why they could change it. and u actually could alter it but your check engine light would stay on, and ford will void your warranty...

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
No it says, "...the pre-production diesel powerplant you see here was only modifiedwith a diesel particulate filter-back Jardine exhaust system." That would mean all emissions equipment was still intact, I believe.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmm very interesting...well i guess we'll have to wait and see...id hate to have a diesel without exhaust...that will be sad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58