Found this elsewhere....

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is going to take all states and counties a long time to come to this emissions testing. Your small town middle of nowhere DMV even if they did adopt those testings in the next 15 years would be hard pressed to enforce it I bet. But then again never underestimate our government to ruin our good time. I'm all for a clean enviroment so I'm at a catch 22 here.

But eitherway someone is going to come up with ways to get by all that stuff and make a real powerplant. Problem is it is going to cost a lot more money...not going to get any more power of it than the old cummins, and be less reliable than a 12V cummins. Sad but in my opinion true. Great new fun toy with great potential just the business side of it is not making sense. Except for those that can afford the truck to begin with and have money to throw down the drain.

It is not like they created anything amazing there at Ford or IM. All they did was find a way to stop huge emissions and make an engine that puts out some HP/TQ that is very impressive given the odds. When it comes to its limits I don't think we are going to see a Modern Marvel.

Sorry for the hate I think it is good step in the right Direction and if I had the dough and knew I could get by all the extremely expensive maintnance I would buy one in a heartbeat. For now I'll stick with my 7.3L and hopefully the next 10+ years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58