FPR shim?

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your pump is not rated for continuous use at 100psi, what I mean is it will not live for 100,000 miles... maybe not 50,000 maybe not 20,000... Just like the stock turbo is not rated for over 25psi, can you run 30 psi and not hurt anything, sure today, maybe tomarrow...

All I am saying is if you want to run that kind of pressure, you should look at a aftermarket fuel pump, or carry a stock one with ya...

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
FPR

A friend of mine owns a International dealership and his brother is the service mgr. I know they over build some componets for a trouble free life. I was a little doubtful about that claim but I have tested to a much higher rate with only better performance. I bought a Walbro GSL 392 that is rated to run up to 150psi. My plan is for dual pumps, one to each head. I don't have a flow meter but the old eyes here see close to the same output between the Bosch and the Walbro.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
kiarasue said:
The floor of the cap broke and left an open port for return....

The pump isn't the only thing that will break. Some have cracked the housing running excessive pressure. Looks like your lid gave way before anything else.:2c

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no reason to run over 75-80 psi, these trucks run forever at the 50 psi Ford trys to send them out at... But do what ever you feel comfortable doing, Its your truck...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
The pump isn't the only thing that will break. Some have cracked the housing running excessive pressure. Looks like your lid gave way before anything else.:2c

What Antonio sez......

FWIW. I'v replaced 4 Filter houseings and 2 lids (for others) due to over doing Fuel Pressure. MORE is not BETTER.

JMO but, our fuel pumps MAY be capable of alot more PSI and GPM than the application or spec calls for.... but other componets in the fuel system are not capable. Seals, gaskets, check valves, fuel filter assemblys, rubber fuel line parts, fittings (the QD's come to mind)....

On the 7.3s I've tricked up.. 65 to 70 PSI is where they like to be. Any more
is just that... More. No real benifit.

:dunno

But...Like everything else... It's yer call, it"s yer truck. ;) :D

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
FPR

I agree that some items could fail due to the high pressure. The more is better deal. Don't knock it till you try it. The difference between 75psi and 95psi is the same jump as the 53psi to 75 psi. There is a big difference in performance. I get better fuel mileage, throttle responce, turbo spoolup, EGT's, less smoke, smoothness and quietness. Many engines run rail pressures higher that 75psi. I have tested up to 130psi. After 100psi the gain is minimal. I have two running like this with no problem yet. Boy, I shouldn't say that. Its a curse!!

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kiarasue said:
I agree that some items could fail due to the high pressure. The more is better deal. Don't knock it till you try it. The difference between 75psi and 95psi is the same jump as the 53psi to 75 psi. There is a big difference in performance. I get better fuel mileage, throttle responce, turbo spoolup, EGT's, less smoke, smoothness and quietness. Many engines run rail pressures higher that 75psi. I have tested up to 130psi. After 100psi the gain is minimal. I have two running like this with no problem yet. Boy, I shouldn't say that. Its a curse!!

Hope it works out for you...

And yes many rigs run higher... there designed to...:roflmao

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was'nt real Knock'n anything.. JMO and maybe some Food fer thought. To avoid Murphys Law(s).

I think that particular Law/Rule goes something like: If you over tweak any one component, of any given assembly.... Just one part WILL split, leak or blow out. You will not have a spare. It WILL happen on a rainy, cold, windy night.. on a narrow, one lane, un-paved road... you've never traveled before. "No Service", will appear on yer Cell Phone.

:) :) :)

I hate it when that happens.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
To elaborate a little further on what has been said here:

The the OP, The chip only increases INJECTION pressure, has no effect whatsoever on SUPPLY pressure, which are two different things. INJECTION pressure is supplied by the unit injectors and the high pressure oil system. This is what creates horsepower gains. SUPPLY pressure is just the low pressure end of the equation, the supply of fuel to the injectors. International runs their rigs in the high 60's. Ford released theirs in the low 50's. THis made them noisier and run rougher. WHy they did this, your guess is as good as mine. What I do know is that shimming your supply pressure up to around 70 helps quiet the rig, and smooths it out some.

To those discussing the pump issue, 100PSI is it's MAXIMUM rated output. Kinda like any other mechanical item, like an engine rated at 200 horsepower MAXIMUM output. YOu run that engine at 100 horsepower, it will last a LOT longer than if you run it at MAXIMUM output everywhere you go. Same with the fuel pump. They are designed to run 100 psi MAX, but not sustained or OPERATING condtions.

INTERNATIONAL does NOT run the T444E at 95 psi. They spec about 65 to 67 psi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14