Freight train

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
i bleed crimson. grew up a bama fan and will die one. ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE, ROLL!!!:thumbs
OFF TOPIC
Hook em HORNS :D

I now return you to your regulary scheduled topic :D :D

oil_burner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
i bleed crimson. grew up a bama fan and will die one. ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE, ROLL!!!:thumbs

crimson tide class of 97' . My boss graduated in 90' . He's got one of the new skyboxes they are building . I can't wait for football season!!!!!
:hail Mike shula

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
I dont think mine sounds like a train, but its prolly the loudest 7.3 i've heard. Most people say that it sounds like a school bus (the chatter sound). Not sure why its soo loud, but I like it. Most people, even other powerstroke owners think that there is something wrong with it; but it runs like it is brand new. My exhaust gets pretty loud too, I love driving through town and listening to it echo!

dieselboy28

widja didja
Reaction score
so what will the exhaust sound like with a gutted cat or no cat at all? i cant afford to put one of those mufflers on my work truck but want more sound and performance.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a good flow thru turbo back and even with the cat on an 03 6.0L it will be an F-15 crankning up in the neighborhood....

and when it goes into High idle - Whew !!!!!!!

when I had mine stock with the muffler removed all I heard was LOUD exhaust most of the time... put the turbo back on without the cat and the squeal was TOO much :)
put the cat on and it muted it just enough....

One of the guys at Prestige is drving my 03 around....
when I traded for the 05 they were fighting over it :)

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
02EX_PSD said:
Maybe ya'll can help me out on this one. I was parked next to a F-250 4x4 that was decked out fairly nice with wheels, grill, badges, etc. My guess is that it was an early 2000's model. Overall a nice looking truck. I was not expecting what I heard when that cowgirl fired that puppy up. I first noticed what I perceived to be a rather loud mechanical injector-type noise. When she put it into gear and drove through the parking lot, all I could hear was a super loud turbo whistle. We ended up going the same way for a while down the road and all I could hear was that whistle! I thought my exhaust was loud but I could still hear that turbo singing. I know it is a long shot, but what kind of mods would you think would make those kinds of sounds?:dunno

Like has been said. You either heard a 03 6.0 with an exhaust or it is possible that it was a 7.3 with my mods (turbo). Mine whistles pretty good now lemme tell ya.;)

Last edited:

pit bull

pit bull
Reaction score
the only way to get the thing to sound like that is a 4'' plus turbo back and no cat
2005 excursion 6.0 4'' bully dog air raid intake edge attitude chip sounds great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14