#%@&#%& Friday the 13th Delayed

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
lone_star_dsl said:
My driver just called me from Phoenix, says the Autoshift tranny won't go into high range. Pete shop says $5,000 to fix.
Throw that thing away. We were the guinea pigs for the new merritor freedom line ZF transmissions and we finally just had to put the manual trannys back in before someone got hurt. The autoshifts are nothing but trouble if you ask me. I put up with the silly thing for almost three years and I cannot count the times it had to be towed home. Company thought they were saving money by running a free test transmission until they started adding things up. My father-in-law who runs the lower 48 has a autoshift in his truck and the down time is about to break him. The autoshifts are too dependent on everything else in the truck. Any trouble with the Engine, ABS, Speedometer, Air pressure, Voltage or many other things and the transmission quits. One time I got towed to town when the transmission quit and it turned out to be the air dryer heater had shorted out. Another time the switch on the rearend that turns on the air locker indicator light shorted out and the transmission quit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14