front brakes

danman

way up here
Reaction score
My front brakes were pulling to the right when braking so I put new shoes and rotors on and cleaned and lubed the caliper pins on both sides but it still pulles to the right. So do I have a sticking left caliper or right caliper? At $160 bucks each I only want to replace the one thats not working properly!! My truck is a 02 F250 super duty with 7.3 PSD.

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
possibly just the factory rubber brake lines swollen inside, I'd replace them with braided stainless lines and then maybe rebuild the calipers if needed.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that 160 for new or rebuilds? I have no idea what the dollar conversion is, but I bought rebuilt calipers for $60 each about 6 months ago.

danman

way up here
Reaction score
brakes

The price I was quoted was for new calipers with anchor plates and new slide pins and that is CDN. I decided to go with new rather than rebuild because new comes with new pins, however I did clean and lube the pins the first time and they moved in and out fine but I thought I would eliminate a possible problem by getting new pins with a new caliper.I dont mind paying the price but I dont know what side to replace. The brakes pull to the right when applied but release ok. I am inclined to think it is the left side because of the right side pull being that the left caliper does not come on as quick as the right caliper. Does this make any sense????:dunno

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard braking will pull to the side of the better functioning caliper.

I've always been told that you should replace calipers and wheel cylinders in pairs. So that there is even braking. Otherwise you have not fixed your problem just changed the direction of the pull.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58