front end rattle?

Hulk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have been developing a front end rattle. It is on the drivers side at the wheel, and it is only there when I make a right hand turn. can someone help me out with figureing this out. it is a 2002 f250 psd and I do not believe the ball joints have been replaced.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
It is a rattle and not a grind or whine? My drivers side front wheel was making funny noises now and then but checked out okay. Today I got to spend $210 to have it towed home for a toasted bearing. It was making a horrendous grinding noise.

Hulk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yeah it is deffinatly a rattle. I am putting it in the shop today to get the ball joints replaced. I hope that fixes it, but if not it will eliminate the large amount of play I have in my steering wheel.

I was talking to a friend the other day and he said that he also had a front end rattle and it was his shock, or shock tower that had come loose. I can't remember which he said it was.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
The only thing I have "rattle" in the frontend are the center caps when they are not tight. Other tham that all I have are Clunks (need to re-tighten and grease the new sway bar bushings):)

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my inner tie rods were bad, replaced them, and it helped with the play in the steering wheel,(ball joints are new, but didn't help with anything when they were replaced) but I still have a clunk when I go over the cracks in the highway

Hulk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well I got the truck out today, and the new ball joints did help with the play in the wheel, but the rattle is still there. so when I got it how I jacked it up and went over the bolts holding te shocks to the mount and the mount to the frame. Everything was tight except for the lower shock mount, so i am hoping that was it, I have yet to drive it around the block.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14