FS-2500 bypass filter system

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
GREAT WRITE UP!!!!!

The only thing I don't like about that system is running the hose to the oil drain on the oil pan. I just don't like the idea of that hanging down there. I do really like the system and the braided lines though.

Again....nice work Scot!! :thumbs

Scot

;()
Reaction score
GREAT WRITE UP!!!!!

The only thing I don't like about that system is running the hose to the oil drain on the oil pan. I just don't like the idea of that hanging down there. I do really like the system and the braided lines though.

Again....nice work Scot!! :thumbs

I contacted Filtration Solutions last night about that set up, This is what they said, ""We have developed an adaptor that will screw into the valve cover and then the fill cap will screw into our adaptor that will have ports machined into it for return. I will have prototypes in soon, if they workout we will make an announcement and we will take care of those in the "family" who want to make the change.""

Most of my time is spent on roads, I get out and beat it up occasionally but nothing too serious. The only way I see it being a problem is if you use your truck for rock crawling. It's still a couple inches above the frame cross member & axle.

That said, I'm the king of redundantcy so I will probably keep my old drain plug, extra oil & a 1/8" plug in the truck until the new return system comes out. Just in case, so I could do a roadside repair if needed.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted Filtration Solutions last night about that set up, This is what they said, ""We have developed an adaptor that will screw into the valve cover and then the fill cap will screw into our adaptor that will have ports machined into it for return. I will have prototypes in soon, if they workout we will make an announcement and we will take care of those in the "family" who want to make the change.""

Most of my time is spent on roads, I get out and beat it up occasionally but nothing too serious. The only way I see it being a problem is if you use your truck for rock crawling. It's still a couple inches above the frame cross member & axle.

That said, I'm the king of redundantcy so I will probably keep my old drain plug, extra oil & a 1/8" plug in the truck until the new return system comes out. Just in case, so I could do a roadside repair if needed.

wheres the flow restrictor that you speak of in your install ?

Scot

;()
Reaction score
It's just a normal fitting with a much smaller hole. Look at the 2nd pic on step 10. It's the fitting that is more silver in color.

Last edited:

wcsmithiii0911

3Strike
Reaction score
Thanks to you all for the rapid response and for the accuracy an honesty. I thought that my system would be here and on the way to install by now but I was informed this morning that it will be a couple of weeks before I can get the system due to a law suit alledging that advertising for the FS2500 is harming the sales of another system in the state of Mississippi. I would like to find out who this idiot is. I'm old enough that I make my own decisions. Besides, what other system is out there?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just a normal fitting with a much smaller hole. Look at the 3rd pic on step 10. It's the fitting that is more silver in color.

ahh ok...id read stories about these early systems on the 6.0 that
were robbing the engine of oil and causing damage...which is why
I have avoided running one myself.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Thanks to you all for the rapid response and for the accuracy an honesty. I thought that my system would be here and on the way to install by now but I was informed this morning that it will be a couple of weeks before I can get the system due to a law suit alledging that advertising for the FS2500 is harming the sales of another system in the state of Mississippi. I would like to find out who this idiot is. I'm old enough that I make my own decisions. Besides, what other system is out there?

The one's you'll see or hear about the most are Amsoil & Oilguard. Call me crazy but, isn't advertising for the FS supposed to hurt the competition??? I thought that was the goal of advertising,? to gain new customers by taking them away from competitors. I would love to know who the company is and why they're doing it??

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58