fs2500 bypass oil filter

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe yes I bet you have got your ROI. How often are you changing your oil?

Maint. Log driven, I change oil based more on a SOTP thing of what I've put the 2K through as far as Work'n it goes...but it comes out to: Oil & Filter every 6 to 8K, mileage wize...the Premo filter every other oil change.... Prolly Over-kill with a by-pass setup by some standards, but I go more on USE and TIME than Miles. Use More than Time I would say.

Synthetic or Dino.. I've alwayz been a believer that: A consistent Oil & filter change based on Time, Miles or yer own Duty Cycle..... is the BEST thing you can do to get the Max life out of whatever you drive, Gas Or Diesel.

Add additional filtration ? It's as Good as it Gits and Yer Good to Go.

My think'n on it :dunno

Joe

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you posted about this. I have been looking into purchasing one because I run RP synthetic oil and it would be cheaper to install the bypass oil filter then to have the oil changed every 10K miles. Figure system would pay for it's self in 3 oil changes. About 6-8 months

MJ Synthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you posted about this. I have been looking into purchasing one because I run RP synthetic oil and it would be cheaper to install the bypass oil filter then to have the oil changed every 10K miles. Figure system would pay for it's self in 3 oil changes. About 6-8 months

Yes especially if you get the less expensive Amsoil Dual Bypass for the 7.3. It brings the ROI a lot closer to you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58