Fuel additives - what are you guys running?

dpantazis

Reaction score
decide what your truck wants/needs and use accordingly.

to those who wave the additive flag- can you even explain what cetane is and why it matters? no googling for now.

cetane boosters do NOT raise mpgs. its all marketing hype from the companies that make and sell the suff. don't buy into it. there is no magic elixer.

higher cetane means LOWER BTU content in the fuel, meaning less mileage. that is why we get lower mpg's in the winter than in the summer: higher cetane fuel in winter.

read the label of ingredients, or better yet, the MSDS for a product then research the components.

things like alcohol, acetone, xylene and tolunene do not belong in our truck's fuel.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
OK, but when running high bioD blends I notice a sluggish acceleration due to the delayed burn but adding a cetane product to the blend brings it to where #2 is, acceleration wise. Cetane probably lowers the auto ignition temperature of the fuel allowing quicker combustion. I never considered cetane to increase the mpgs but to add pep to sluggish biodiesel blends.

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use Power sevice in my trucks...sometimes ill throw some lucas in the same time...!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58