Help Needed fuel building up in my oil

Ghost Exp.

Ghost
Reaction score
well i guess ill take it off set it back to stock an take it in.
i still want to get a turbo back exhaust but will still need the tuner to stop the regen mode so should i sell the edge an get a different tunner or is the edge safe to use?

dpantazis

Reaction score
The edge unit alters the programming of the truck.

The regen is controlled in part by the programming.

See the coincidences?

My original point was if the edge unit is working as if you had a DPF delete, but you don't have one, who knows what it is doing?

Ghost Exp.

Ghost
Reaction score
i didnt disable the regen it still runns it when it needs to i tred it once shuting the regen off an it put my truck into limp mode an i had to turn the regen back on an let it run then it ran good after that so i wont disable the regen without the delete done.

does anyone know of a better tuner is the bully dog or sct better?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
friend of mine has one doing the same thing.bought it brand new,has 30,000 miles on it.hes getting 10mpg on a good day with it:eek::dunno

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i hate to say i think a 5.9L Fummins might be an answer an the swap out isn't much more then some of the isues haha

my friends gonna dump the ford and buy a gm with the duramax.its a shame,its a nice truck except for the hideous f150ish interior.

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya the running a tuner and the DPF/CAT still on the truck was not a good plan. The DPF alone is over 5K to replace and it wouldn't be on warentee's tab. I'd learn about what your doing before you do it. The cream of systems, Spartan Diesel Tech, period.

Ghost Exp.

Ghost
Reaction score
thank you! well Im guna get the dpf/cat delete exhaust befor useing a programer I just thought useing it for the pyrometers an on a low tune wouldn't hurt much. all the info has been awesome thank you guys!! ;tu

jawknee

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Making Oil

Thanks for registering me to your site. Just bought my first sprer duty this year with 223000 kms on it and by the time I had done 2000 kms the engine started ticking loudly, like a collapsed lifter noise and it was showing blowby from the dipstick. Because of the mileage being up there I installed a used engine with 57000 kms. After running itabout 4000 kms the oil level is up an inch over full. From what I read it seems I need to delete and tuner my truck and hope that fixes my problem. Can I delete withoout going bigger pipe from engine back. Which tuner do you recomend ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64