Fuel Cap Caddy

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Over the last 4 years of fueling up, the fuel cap has slowly scratched the paint from when it hangs down during fuel up.
The door on the OBS trucks is square so you can just set the cap on top of the door. The tether comes tight about the time the threads are on the top of the door and the tension holds it in place. Been putting it up there for over 10 years and have no paint rub yet.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SLICK idea bama. Might just go out and do the same thing.;tu;tu

I'm think'n 'bout a Billet Aluminum, locking fuel door.... but MAN they want Sum BUCKS for those things :eek::eek: $100.00 plus is Tooooo much.

Been hearing 'bout some Syphoning 'round here tho. At 5.00 per ? I guess one "Prevent" would be a R.O.I.

Well, I did it. Ordered a Billet Alum. lockable fuel door. $124.00 TMD. Used the "Prevent" as justification :sly. Think I'll do the "Bama Cap Caddy" to it, before the install.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I did it. Ordered a Billet Alum. lockable fuel door. $124.00 TMD. Used the "Prevent" as justification :sly. Think I'll do the "Bama Cap Caddy" to it, before the install.

you realize that if they want it bad enough they wont have to go thru
the fuel cap...the tanks are plastic...and theyve been punching holes
in the bottom of 'em to drain 'em.

fuel stolen by punching/drilling tanks

as they say...locks only keep honest people honest :sly

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score

[as bushpilot] Who ya gettin' to install that? :lmao

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you realize that if they want it bad enough they wont have to go thru
the fuel cap...the tanks are plastic...and theyve been punching holes
in the bottom of 'em to drain 'em.
as they say...locks only keep honest people honest :sly

:lmaoFully Understood BP ;), I didn't just fall off the Short Bus ya know:lmao

If a Scumbag wants ANYTHING.. bad enough.. they'r guna git it. That's a Given. But I REFUSE to give up.

IF a locked fuel door might send a Scumbag fuel thief.. Slithering off to find an easier target....? I'm Good To Go with that.

There's only so much we can do about Scumbags. But anything we.. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda.. HAVE DONE ? Just Might Help Some.

;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14