Fuel Cap Caddy

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I'd pay to see one of these ***holes use a cordless drill on a tank and the trucks a gaser...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd pay to see one of these ***holes use a cordless drill on a tank and the trucks a gaser...

I would too :sweet

Farmer's & Ranchers are having troubles 'round here. Most dezel tanks are plastic and wheel mounted so they can move'm from crop to crop acreage.

A Rancher friend of mine and local law enforcement set up a "Sting"..... Caught'm. They showed up Blacked out, with 12v pumps and an empty wheel mounted tank. Busted'm with infer-red night Cams.

Told my Buds, if he ever does another one ? I'd like to do a "Ride Along". :cool:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, it isn't time yet.

I'l be sure to call you if I need any help :sweet

well just like in the past...ill be here when you call & ill be happy
to help...

fwiw get your 4yo involved now...itll help 'em later in life &
its always a good father and son layin' under the cars etc.

HiVoltage

High Wood Walker
Reaction score
Here's another Idea.Piece of velcro on the inside of the door and the other half on the cap.Works great to keep the cap off the paint

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another Idea.Piece of velcro on the inside of the door and the other half on the cap.Works great to keep the cap off the paint

guess i dont know what the big deal is...i pulled mine off the pos tether
a long time ago...i sit the cap on the bed rail, fill up and put the cap back
on ! havent scratched my paint, forgotten my cap & i havent risked rusting
my fuel cover door by drilling it out either.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't remember if it was my 2000 SD Gasser or my 97 Mustang GT, but one of them had a U shape molded into the door where your cap slides in to. Now I just rest it gently against the paint and haven't had any scratches yet. I do put an extra coat of wax in that area though for spilled fuel and scratch prevention though.
I do miss that fuel notch though, was a nice addition.

Reaction score
Talkin bout people stealing stuff. I hooked onto a fuel trailer on a jobsite and pulled it up a hill. Someone stole the fuel pump off the 300 gallon tank. It was a air powered pump. If it had been me i'd just hooked up to the whole trailer and been 300 gallons richer.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I pulled mine off the tether
a long time ago...I sit the cap on the bed rail, fill up and put the cap back
on ! havent forgotten my cap.

You are sharper than the average feller then. I have seen more than one cap laying in the fuel stop parking lot. I know I have a hard time remembering to put the un-tethered cap on my 75' F250. I like having them on a leash so they can't get away. I would really hate to have a loose cap in a state that does not have self-serve like Oregon. Up here in Alaska I don't think there is a single station where they will pump your fuel but in Oregon it is illegal to pump your own. The guys they hire are not the sharpest tools in the shed and would loose a cap for sure if it was not on a leash.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
guess i dont know what the big deal is...i pulled mine off the pos tether
a long time ago...i sit the cap on the bed rail, fill up and put the cap back
on ! havent scratched my paint, forgotten my cap & i havent risked rusting
my fuel cover door by drilling it out either.

Got a TSB on this, Bush? I want to believe you, but the whole windshield wiper scandal has me a little leery of your "repairs". :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14