Fuel Capacity

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 42.8 in my 01 7.3. truck ran out of fuel and I barely made it up to the pump. I could only put 3.5 gals. in my tank before the Harpoon mod. Now I put in about 3 Gals. after the pump shuts off. It also takes longer, wish I hadn't done it now.

I put 3.6 Gals. in my 05 6.0 after the pump shuts off. I will never harpoon that tank.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
JamesF250 said:
I've discovered that if I trickle the fuel in, I can add 5 more gallons of fuel after the pump clicks off.

So, my question is - at what point am I reaching the 29 gallon capacity of the tank, at the pump click off or after adding another 5 gallons?

I can trickle in 3-5 gallons depending on temp and how foamy the pump makes the fuel. I've put 39 gallons in my 38 gallon tank....that's filling up to where I see raw diesel in the neck, not foam! That's the only way to do mileage tests, I top off every 4 or 5 tanks and do mileage/gal used. Now that I'm doing the Harpoon mod I'll spend less time at the pump. Well not if my right foot has anything to say about that! :roflmao

Oh, and I don't recommend running tanks that low unless you've done the in-tank mods! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58