Fuel economy upgrades

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through my first full tank. Accoring to my speedo I only went like 500 miles on the tank which comes to about 13-14 MPG. I have a hard time believing that is right though since I did not hot-rod it all. the tank was almost all highway miles, never over 75, and only had high boost/rpms when absolutely necessary. My speedo has not been re-adjusted for the the 35's so I am sure i traveled more than 500 miles on the tank.

atk

Reaction score
Just went through my first full tank. Accoring to my speedo I only went like 500 miles on the tank which comes to about 13-14 MPG. I have a hard time believing that is right though since I did not hot-rod it all. the tank was almost all highway miles, never over 75, and only had high boost/rpms when absolutely necessary. My speedo has not been re-adjusted for the the 35's so I am sure i traveled more than 500 miles on the tank.

with the larger tire, the truck has travelled less distance. you are almost 3 inches taller tire than stock. i would probaly add 10 to 15 percent to your numbers. so you might be around 16mpg....also, if your speedo hasn`t readjusted, you might be going faster then what you are showing....hope this helps, but i may be wrong....

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The taller, wider tire and the lift will kill your mileage. My truck with a 2" leveling kit and 35s gets about 16 on the highway. My dad's on the other hand that is stock height on stock 20s can get 19....ergs me every time we compare log books but his truck looks like a cigar on wheels running down the road and mine looks like it should! Towing my 24k 30' GN loaded I'll get 10-11 with or without the chip.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
going from stock 17's to stock 18's gave me a 5% change in mileage. I take my odo reading and multiply by 1.05, and then my numbers agree with the GPS. I don't know what the height actually boils down to on mine. Another thing you may want to consider too, is the amount of sidewall flex those tires have, more flex is a better ride, but more rolling resistance, and hence lousy mileage...

Just food for thought. :stir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58