Question Fuel filter help

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the INTERNATIONAL Corp. part number for a 2005 6.0 I think their filters are the same but less expensive.
Thanks for your help.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the INTERNATIONAL Corp. part number for a 2005 6.0 I think their filters are the same but less expensive.
Thanks for your help.

Here is the one I just picked up at my international dealer, 1847170C93

$41.00 and Tax.

Same one fits the 2005

Hope this helps.

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been told that fuel and oil filters are not the place to try to save money. I noticed that a Fram oil filter that I bought once, did not fit real nice. I'll keep buying them from Ford.

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would this help?
Wix 33899 & Napa 3899 Fuel Filter: FleetFilter Secure Online Store
It is the Napa/Wix filter for about half the cost.

No, do NOT use WIX oil or fuel filters in your 6.0. Don't.

The fuel filters don't have the water membrane separator on the primary filter. Look at the pic at the link you posted, no white water membrane. Stay away. And, on top of that, you can get the correct OEM filters for the same or lower price than the Wix/Fleetfilter price.

The oil filter is not the same size as OEM and will not seal correctly.

There's a video on this that's been out for years showing the differences.

Al

Last edited:

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, I get the Motorcraft Fuel Filers from Advance for about $45 out the door.

Motorcraft Oil filter from Advance or Wally World for about $20.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, do NOT use WIX oil or fuel filters in your 6.0. Don't.

The fuel filters don't have the water membrane separator on the primary filter. Look at the pic at the link you posted, no white water membrane. Stay away. And, on top of that, you can get the correct OEM filters for the same or lower price than the Wix/Fleetfilter price.

The oil filter is not the same size as OEM and will not seal correctly.

There's a video on this that's been out for years showing the differences.

Al

I beg to differ on the Wix/NAPA filters not having the water membrane. i just carried a 2 year old VW Beetle fuel filter back to NAPA and traded it for a fuel filter for my PSD 6.0. It looks identical to the one that I bought from International and has the water membrane as well.

6.0L MC oil filters are identical, down to the numbers stamped on the ends of the filter, as a fram oil filter. Go to Walley world and sit them side by side. Take care that you put the Fram filter back into the Fram box so that whoever buys the MC filter doesn't wind up with a Fram filter by mistake.:stir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58