Fuel Filter replacement..

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great video but what or how do you drain the frame rail filter, you can hear it draining but you didnt show it in the video where it's coming from????

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great video but what or how do you drain the frame rail filter, you can hear it draining but you didnt show it in the video where it's coming from????

There is a water drain on the side of the HFCM on the passenger side of the unit, toward the front. It takes a 6mm allen (hex) wrench to remove the plug. What I do is remove the plug to start to drain the HFCM, then I loosen the lid on the secondary fuel filter. This allows the HFCM and the Secondary fuel bowl to drain, to help with the mess it makes. You will get some spillage, but not too bad.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What you are describing is not the FICM but the HFCM (Horizontal Fuel Condition Mod), the guy with the fuel filter in it. The FICM is totally electronic and sits on a valve cover.

Dave :)

makuloco2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry about that. Yes there is a drain plug on the side on the 6.0l HFCM, pull her and let her drain while you unscrew the filter cap. Here is a picture

2008-01-06_172658_fuel_filter_zpscd399f87.gif

Last edited:

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you are describing is not the FICM but the HFCM (Horizontal Fuel Condition Mod), the guy with the fuel filter in it. The FICM is totally electronic and sits on a valve cover.

Dave :)

Thanks for seeing the typo..... I knew what I meant...... I was thinking HFCM.........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58