Fuel Mileage?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Anyone else notice their mileage drop in the last 3-4 weeks? I fully realize we have winter blend fuel in the North East. My fuel mileage has dropped about 8/10 to 1 mpg last 4-5 fill-ups. Hand calculated, no Lie-O-meter. Just changed engine oil and filter, fuel filters should have about 5k left. No extensive idling, just mileage coming up short. Is the fuel diluted or not building the BTU's it used to? I'm allowing for the normal winter blend / warm up time. But its off from late January.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i havent been able to get a fillup where i havent towed something, so i havent been able to get an accurate reading, but i havent noticed a drop.

Mystic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing alittle better this tank but I did do some highway driving but I have been leaving it running alot to so..

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just drove my brothers 02, 7.3 on a 350 mile round trip. i set the cruise control to 75mph and hand check it at the pump. i got 22mpg! it's a c/c short bed 4x4, auto with 98kkk and the only thing it has is a superchips programmer...

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
shane actually just saw a drop in mileage and i think it was a dragging caliper, check them out!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
shane actually just saw a drop in mileage and i think it was a dragging caliper, check them out!

Bingo! We have a winner. Right rear dragging. It was on my list, couldn't hear it, but slots and pins gummed up.

01Extreme69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a issue with mine. I am running 38" tires and got 4.56 gears (which is recommended for better fuel milage for the tires) I am only getting like 16 mpg, and I am not getting on it at all. I understand that big tires and big lift equal less mpg, but geez. Also when I run 70 mph I am sitting just over 2k rpms. Is this right? I heard the sweet spot for good mpg is anything under 2k rpms.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a issue with mine. I am running 38" tires and got 4.56 gears (which is recommended for better fuel milage for the tires) I am only getting like 16 mpg, and I am not getting on it at all. I understand that big tires and big lift equal less mpg, but geez. Also when I run 70 mph I am sitting just over 2k rpms. Is this right? I heard the sweet spot for good mpg is anything under 2k rpms.

Yep;

Slow down to 1800 rpm, and you should see in increase in mpg.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58