Fuel Mileage?

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was born at night but NOT last night, 22 mpg at 75 mph from a 4x4 7.3 with a Superchip programer is pure BS....

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was born at night but NOT last night, 22 mpg at 75 mph from a 4x4 7.3 with a Superchip programer is pure BS....

:lmao

I don't know about anyone else, but the one time I got 21 mpg was when I drove at 50-55 mph for 100 miles. At 70 mph I get a steady 18.5 mpg. I drive like a old man, because I am an old man. Anyone getting 22 mpg at 75 mph, is doing way better than anyone I ever heard of.
I did have a guy tell me once that his friend who had a 18 wheeler big rig that got 30 plus mpg... I told him that he should not drink so much. :lmao

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's for sure Maxtor!! I have slowed down to 65 mph for interstate driving and keep it on 55 when on two lane roads. Even with my 80 hp DP econo tune I usually avarage 17's, city/highway sure wish I could get 22 mph.
Wait a minute, maybe I'm not going fast enough...75 mph may just be the key for GREAT gas milage.

mrmiketeevee

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Help with electrical issues???

Hey first time here. My 2006 F250 keeps blowing the flasher fuse and the interior lighting fuses (about once- twice per week). Any suggestions? Also, my gas mileage sucks- about 8 while towing my trailer and 10 otherwise. Any ideas on that? Appreciate all of your help-

MDK

2006 Harley Davidson F250 4x4- stock everything

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey first time here. My 2006 F250 keeps blowing the flasher fuse and the interior lighting fuses (about once- twice per week). Any suggestions? Also, my gas mileage sucks- about 8 while towing my trailer and 10 otherwise. Any ideas on that? Appreciate all of your help-

You fuses are probably going due to a bad ground. I know my dome light fuse kept going out after I ran my XM because I forgot to tighten all the screws on the rear dome light. :doh:

Now to your second question:

Don’t mean to be a A** but its fuel not gas. Anyways how many miles do you have on your truck? That seems really low to me for a stock truck.

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
While I am far from 22 mpg, I do get the best mpg @ 2000 rpm which is about 70 mph (I think). Somebody on this site told me to drive it at 2000 no lower no higher and you will see an improvement. Now I do not usually calculate mpg, I just know I get about 350 miles per tank at about a 50/50 mix of driving. I also drive to the same places every week, same roads. I-25 is 75 mph speedlimit I would set the cruise at 65 for what I thought would be pretty good mpg. I picked it up to 2000 rpms (70) and now get 390 to 400 (twice). I ll need a couple more weeks before I am fully convinced but for now I am not slowing down.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I have a ScanGauge and when I fueled up this afternoon my city millage went up to 12 from 9 That is just by changing diesel suplier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14