Fuel mileage

dmd

Reaction score
White smoke could be from a regen that you are blowing out, if it dissipated
quickly then it could be steam. Smoke lingers an dissipates slowly.

Jimmy Tanner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will checky-checky and let yall know what I discover. Sure hope it ain't steam coming out of the exhaust system. Thanks.

Jimmy

rafajara1985

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i hand calculated my mileage and it was 18.4 which i believe to be impossible. i know my speedo is off by about 15% because of the 37" tires but i calculated that in as well.

482 miles x 1.15 speedo error divided be 30 gallons to fill up = 18.4

supposing my speedo was correct:

482 miles / 30 gallons = 16

what do you guys think about this? i have a hard headed cummins buddy that was arguing about this with me. i was driving conservatively but not like a wuss either..........

4506dave

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ive got 800 km on my truck so far. 10.1mpg with a cruising speed of 130kmh and 17.8mpg with a cruising speed of 102kmh, Not happy at all with these numbers. These are all computer numbers not hand calculated, and in these first few miles "500" I think, its gone into regen 2 times. Is that normal? A regen every couple hundred miles or 350 kms? Anyways it hands down beats the dodge for ride and for quietness of interior. I do have a programmer on order and a dpf kit as well, if Im going through all the trouble should I take the cat out as well? I ordered an Edge Racing 6.4 programmer.

bobbyt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sorry to hijack but i was looking at buying a harley davidson 450 superduty around the first of the year turning in my 2007 cadillac xlr-v just looking for a better daily driver if rains or if i need more space since i have a modded trans am for speed this is gonna be my more practical investment and wife agrees too;tu my question is on a dually 450 what is the mileage roughly between city and hwy just curious because i'm not opposed to spartans tunning but just don't want to take a chance on voiding anything. thanks for any info

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, F450 is considered a heavy duty truck.

I am not sure about the MGP on a F450, but isn't there much less of the "EPA" restrictive items on the F450? Which would ultimately lend to increased MPG, right?

I am actually purchasing an F450 Lariat this week because my 07 F250 Harley Davidson burnt to the ground 3 weeks ago.

So any good info on the F450 would be helpful or even a good site to go to would be nice...

Fine69

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, F450 is considered a heavy duty truck.

I am not sure about the MGP on a F450, but isn't there much less of the "EPA" restrictive items on the F450? Which would ultimately lend to increased MPG, right?

I am actually purchasing an F450 Lariat this week because my 07 F250 Harley Davidson burnt to the ground 3 weeks ago.

So any good info on the F450 would be helpful or even a good site to go to would be nice...

Nope, same DPF and CAT. F450's have LESS Horsepower than 250-350's. So any MPG improvement would be because of that fact.

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How would a Bully Dog Tripple dog help?

I am going to pick up my 450 today and already have the programer...

nolafishr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
From what I read on the F450 Models, The Engine is Derated to 300HP AND 600 Torque, It may be because of the Towing Capability and Gearing. I know they come with 4:30 Rear Gears.

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know the F450's with the 4.88 gear are derated but I believe the 4.3 geared trucks are the same as a regular 6.4L engine.

The trucks with 4.88 gears usually get 8-9 mpg and mine with the 4.3's gets 12-12.5.

Either way, I need better milage out of this thing.

Every post I read about chipping it and DPF delete says they see great gains with little to know problems (mechanically) but my service shop says it will be the worst mistake I ever make.

So sad...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64