fuel mileage

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GEEZ! 28 would be great in any big ole truck. So basically if you put a 5" pipe on you will get more power than a 4" pipe?

NO, the 5" was a deal for me (free) so I took it. I don't know if that made the change. I don't think so. It's alot to do with fuel quality I think. I could not get the truck to do the high MPG down here in florida. Florida is known for crappy fuel. So I'm not real shore what was doing it.

fredsford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You can get better air filtration ,4 inch turbo back exhaust. These 2 will let the truck breath which will increase mpgs. If you have a little more $ you can get a tuner that will further increase mpgs if you don't haul ass with all the new power!:D

Hey 02oilburner, very happy i took your advice, went w/ aem bruteforce intake, 4" banks monster sport exhaust, 645 bucks from autoanything. already had superchip tuner.
Before i installed anything i filled up i drove down to my farm 71m round trip almost all I26 and I81 in e.tn pretty hilly, 67mph on cruise control got back filled up 15.5mpg that really sucked, installed intake did same trip filled up 18.75mpg!! that got me pumped so i wrestled the new exhaust on, just did same trip this afternoon 23.9 mpg, wow never had much faith in bolt on mods but this made a believer out of me. Should pay for itself in a year or so. Man that is 50% improvement! What really pisses me off though is if we can do this why do the mfg put out such crap when the technology is out there. Thanks again for you good advice, I owe you!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14