Fuel pump -OR- clogged tank pickup?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Thanks Rodney but I still have my original selector valve but it won't work for me. Tomorrow I'm gonna bypass the valve with 7' of fuel line for a psi test and I expect to see 40. Then I'll be running on my rear tank. Then I will get out the bad valve without dropping the front tank BECAUSE I'VE TURNED OVER A NEW LEAF AND REFUSE TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO WHAT I CAN DO! :thumbs I will soak it in hot fuel to clear the passages then verify that they are clear, reinstall and recheck the psi. I've already ordered another Pollack valve just in case it's fried.

Funny thing about the Nissan...I sometimes look for the wait to start light. :roflmao

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rodney but I still have my original selector valve but it won't work for me. Tomorrow I'm gonna bypass the valve with 7' of fuel line for a psi test and I expect to see 40. Then I'll be running on my rear tank. Then I will get out the bad valve without dropping the front tank BECAUSE I'VE TURNED OVER A NEW LEAF AND REFUSE TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO WHAT I CAN DO! :thumbs I will soak it in hot fuel to clear the passages then verify that they are clear, reinstall and recheck the psi. I've already ordered another Pollack valve just in case it's fried.

Funny thing about the Nissan...I sometimes look for the wait to start light. :roflmao

Jeeeezzz,, :sorry to hear its not running right yet...

Way back when (before the third pump was installed ), I suggested he try drawing fuel from a separate container, ....did he ever try that ?.....

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Nope. He verified good flow from the selector valve forward with compressed air...which resulted in a blockage of the FPR screen. After the rear tank was re-installed I had great flow...for two days. :confused: He never verified the segment from the rear steel lines to the selector valve until two days ago.

So everything that he did has not cleared the blockage and I'll wind up fixing it myself. I'll have some time later today to hook up the bypass fuel hose to verify 40psi. As mentioned I'll remove the Pollack and try to clean it but a replacement valve is in the mail.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
YAHOO IT'S FIXED!

:yahoo :yahoo :yahoo

I found the obstruction with the aid of the bypass fuel hose. :thumbs No it wasn't the pollack valve. My 12v heater (a 12" 3/8" I.D. aluminum tube) had a coagulated goo of veggie oil in the entire tube. It took a heat gun and a metal rod to bore through it. The truck is now idling at 40-46 psi. :yahoo I can't believe the truck even idled with so much obstruction.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YAHOO IT'S FIXED!

:yahoo :yahoo :yahoo

I found the obstruction with the aid of the bypass fuel hose. :thumbs No it wasn't the pollack valve. My 12v heater (a 12" 3/8" I.D. aluminum tube) had a coagulated goo of veggie oil in the entire tube. It took a heat gun and a metal rod to bore through it. The truck is now idling at 40-46 psi. :yahoo I can't believe the truck even idled with so much obstruction.

Thanks for the call...Really great to hear....

:clap:Back at it..... :burnit :thumbs

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
:rant Surprise...the pressure dropped down to 20 psi then it shook again with the bypass hose and died. I lost the prime. :rant Now I'm thinking some goo has traveled up the steel line causing a restriction just before the fuel pump. Removing the rubber hose from the supply line at the fuel pump is impossible without loosening the fuel bowl again, which I really don't want to do. So I'm getting some steel wire to ream forward the steel line forward of the pollack valve. Then I'll remove the two bolts at the FPR to check the screen again. I vented my anger, disappointment & frustration with him a few minutes ago. He will return on Monday.

At least I know there is a working fuel pump and FPR. I'm so close to running I can smell it...but I'm so soaked in diesel right now that I don't really know what I'm smelling... a soon running truck or dino fuel. :D

:rant

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The truck is now idling at 40-46 psi.

Isn't that a little low or do you run lower pressure with the vegi system? Mine runs at 73psi shimmed.

Keep cleaning it out and I am sure you will be up and running. It sounds like about everything in the fuel system needs the vegi goo cleaned out.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Kevin it's not shimmed. Not sure what I'll find in the steel lines or FPR but the second time is a charm. :roflmao Isn't that how the saying goes? :D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58