Future Super Duty updates

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
A better paint job and improved corrosion resistance. I had rust coming through the paint after only two winters. It's been an ongoing battle ever since. I finally had to spring for a total repaint about 4 months ago. -mad

After seeing how well Fords hold up corrosion wise around here, I'm wondering if Ford's corrosion testing facility is in the Arizona desert. :rolleyes:

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
Fix the roof so that condensation doesn't drip onto the power door lock and window controls when I roll the windows down in the mornings

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
jvencius said:
I've got stick-on Ventshades and they do a good job of stopping that.

How's the wind noise with those? And will they cut into my budget for X-springs and a Ranch Hand?? :confused: :D

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JIM_C said:
How's the wind noise with those? And will they cut into my budget for X-springs and a Ranch Hand?? :confused: :D

Not bad at all--I can't really tell where the wind noise is coming from, given that the SuperDuty has the aerodynamics of a brick, but if they do produce wind noise, I've never noticed it.

The ventshades, IIRC, cost me $65 or so for all four (I've got a CC) so they're not spendy at all. :D

y2kpsd

Member #11
Reaction score
Turn signals that don't cancel out so quickly.
Plastic lens on speedo cluster that doesn't scratch so easily.
Larger tires
50 gallon fuel tank
Better cup holders front and rear
I agree, Greasable ball joints.
also, cargo tie-downs

Rebel Horseman

Minuteman Patriot
Reaction score
A real diesel engine again. I'd love to see a Cummins or other manufacturer's I-6 stump puller in a Ford. Get rid of the high-revving play toy and give me a motor that will last half a million miles, get superb fuel mileage, and will drag the trailer off teh axles if I'm not careful.

Don't get me wrong, I like my 7.3 and it's a good pulling motor that will haul arse if needed...but my Cummins was an excellent truck. Hell, see if Ford and Navistar can adapt one of their engines to work in a SD like Cummins did with the 6BT engines for Dodge.

Also, quit charging more money for less product each year. Why must maufacturers take away little things in their option packages then turn around and raise the price of thsoe packages each year?

Brian [><]

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Rebel Horseman said:
A real diesel engine again. I'd love to see a Cummins or other manufacturer's I-6 stump puller in a Ford. Get rid of the high-revving play toy and give me a motor that will last half a million miles, get superb fuel mileage, and will drag the trailer off teh axles if I'm not careful.

Don't get me wrong, I like my 7.3 and it's a good pulling motor that will haul arse if needed...but my Cummins was an excellent truck. Hell, see if Ford and Navistar can adapt one of their engines to work in a SD like Cummins did with the 6BT engines for Dodge.

Also, quit charging more money for less product each year. Why must maufacturers take away little things in their option packages then turn around and raise the price of thsoe packages each year?

Brian [><]
I dunno I'm more than happy with my engine... :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58