gas in 6.0 Powerstroke :(

nakahama001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey guys my wife put 20 gallons of unleaded in my truck how screwed ami:doh:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
How long did she run the truck before ya'll noticed there was gasoline in it?

There is ways out if the engine hasn't already had a coronary.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
That sucks. :cussing: -mad -mad -mad -mad . Do not run it. Did she drive it after fuel up? and how far? Get it pumped out asap.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:sorry :sorry Words just can't explain how I am feeling. I can't imagine how you are doing. It is all going to depend on if she drove the truck and how much went into the engine. If you suck it out and change the filters you might be alright. It is going to run funny for a bit. Had a buddy do that but he realized what he did about 5 minutes after filling up. That is what we did and just so happened to save it. Good luck.

nakahama001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
she went to a station about 5 to 7 min from our house she pulled in the driveway and about an hour later we were gonna go to dinner when i went to fire her up she was runnin kinda funny and i looked in the mirror nd she was blue smokin like a mo fo so s of now the plan was to siphon the fuel out, change the fuel filters and get some fuel additive. any recomendtions

nakahama001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks agin fells for the help im not gonna sleep till this crap is over

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I did that same thing using a mismarked pump in my old IDI. I had it siphoned out and refilled with diesel and it was fine. Granted, the IDI was probably more forgiving than a 6.0 but maybe it wont be any problem. Let us know what happens!

nakahama001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
its alive!!!!!!! siphoned the tank flushed the filter bowls and shes runs like a champ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58