gas in 6.0 Powerstroke :(

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Let me guess, she filled up at a BP station? Those stations are notorious for having green handled nozzles for regular gas. Everywhere else green nozzle = diesel fuel. The marketing bozo who thought that up should be taken out and hung by his private parts. Back when BP was Amoco, the nozzles were black, white, and gold, depending upon the grade. Switching one of the nozzles to green to show how earth friendly the company is shows nothing more than stupidity.

Glad that everything worked out. Replacing an engine is an expensive proposition.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Only a powerstroke will be brought back from the edges of hell. You are lucky she fired back up. Could have melted pistons and rings if it ran to long.

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
A diesel will run on gas it just won't have any go. A few minutes or miles of running on it shouldn't hurt it.

Siphon it out and then refill with diesel and you should be about good to go.

Looks like you've already got it though.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Good going. That is great news. No real need to panic if you do something positive like you did.

Dave

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YAY!!! Glad that was saved. Agreed did you use a BP station. When I first saw that I could not belieive it. I about crapped my pants when I saw they were all green.

Since I've moved here to NC colors are just random at places. Seems color has no meaning here. Just whatever they had left over in their sheds :) I always make sure it is green when dispensing before going full tilt.

Glad to hear your truck made it. The testament to one of fords lesser built diesels engine models. If it could do it we are all in luck :)

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good deal!!:sweet it happens more than you think. i was at tom thumb and was not paying attention, pushed the diesel button and then picked up gas nozzle, good thing it was like that or i would have had the same problem. remember when the only diesel pump was way out back with no cover and no pavement around??

nakahama001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hell yeah dragon slayer im only 19 and i remember those days and yep it sure was a bp and another funny thing 2 days after my incident my dd who has an 07 lbz duramaxi pad did the same freekin thing and cooked a piston all i can say is built ford tough

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58