gauge readings & healthy trucks

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have problems with temperature but can bury the boost gauge to the peg in a heart beat. :dunno

Tbar

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I can hold 30 psi pulling the fiver climbing hills easy.... 1250 i start backing off the GO pedal
around 190 -200 tranny the engine fan kicks in and .... well lets say it sucks up small rodents and cools down fast
but normal cruise empty if 600-750 about 10-15 psi tranny 180 ish

did see egts in this 6.0 above 1350 once and it took a lot of work
I think the ecm/pcm is pretty close to setting max fuel based on air temp , charge temp and boost,
hopefully if the brown guy shows up today the egts will drop some more :sly :sly
the 7.3 on drug induced tuner feed would fly through 1400 if you blinked :eek:

jimmypage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was towing a 20' trailer up a steep highway hill with the edge evolution on race and the platinum on level 3 going 75 mph and egt's were 1100 and 27lbs of boost passing cars :burnit

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
I normally see 400-800 egt, 5-15psi on boost, and around 170 on trans temp guage on my way to college. Peggd old 35psi boost guage, so now I have a 60psi guage.

Doug, are you running a SD truck? You mentioned a "popping" noise when it shifted to third, that would prolly be compressor surge on a SD, which is not a good thing.

Dave

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Related question. Not tryin to hijack this thread...

What type of gauge setup is common & reliable? I know many things can be monitored with the some of the programming units, but I don't want to void my engine waranty. (got another 50K+ to go on FMC's dime)

Point me to another thread if you know of one and I'll go read there, but I'm not seing much dialog speaking to gauges only. Looking for poduct sources, estimate costs, and installation complexity.

THANKS!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58