CHPMustang

Reaction score
It cranks up very fast,better than I ever remember;tu

The sound of it is like it is going from a 4 banger to a big V8 :D

JRJ04

Reaction score
I think my starter is on its way out...

Well I gotta revive this one...

Its been getting into the mid 30's here the past few nights and i parked my truck on the 30th and didnt move it till the 1st. It was not plugged in at all during this time.

When I went to crank it, it was sluggish (batteries are not even a year old) and took several tries. In the midst of cranking, there were a few times when it just sounds like the gears in the starter were stripping out. The best way I can describe it is like this: you crank it, it doesnt start, and you dont wait long enough for the starter to stop spinning and you try to start it again, and get that horrible sound. same sound you would get if you tried starting it when the motor is already running.

Anyways...Bill are you happy with the new starter you got? I think I have one coming in the near future.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Hey Jourdan,yes it's been a very good starter,cranks up every time. We head into the teens later this week but we always plug in the block heater when it gets to the freezing temps.

I tried doing a video clip with my phone but the sound is totally washed out.:rant

JRJ04

Reaction score
where did you end up buying it from? Those things are better part of $200 in some places ive seen. Can you post the model # etc when you get a chance?

Thanks@

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14