Help Needed ghost started then nothing

TSD73

SDD F.N.G
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Early the other morning my truck just started cranking on its own after sitting for 6 hours, About went out guns a blazin thinkin it was being stolen.But no ,I have a Christine-Truck-Edition,:dunno:dizzy diconnected batteries till next morning,first the radio came on without the key even in,tried to start it and click click at the fender solenoid. Replaced that ,made sure batts were up and then tried again click click at starter solenoid radio again on and off Christine-Like,Replaced starter solenoid and unplugged GEM and same condition,took starter back off to bench test and nothing. Took starter apart and its fried from end to end,whats causing all the weirdness with the radio and ghost starts?? all help appreciated and needed,its a plow truck here in mich and at the moment its been clear,thanks in advance guys!!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the key ignition can do some funny thing when they start going bad.

TSD73

SDD F.N.G
Reaction score
well now.....

Yep.. and starter solenoids & starter winding's too.

We checked the GEM module and all good just a few codes from last week when I had a few bulbs out. Pulled the fuse block and Lo and Behold its got water damage and BAD !!!!! Where the Hell am I gonna find THIS piece at??? Dealer?? Scrapyard ?? :dizzy:dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We checked the GEM module and all good just a few codes from last week when I had a few bulbs out. Pulled the fuse block and Lo and Behold its got water damage and BAD !!!!! Where the Hell am I gonna find THIS piece at??? Dealer?? Scrapyard ?? :dizzy:dunno

Dealer.. and pay Way To Much

Wrecking Yard.. and pay Moderately To Much. (theze dayz)

No way of cleaning it up ?

Where the water came from.. is another issue.

Last edited:

TSD73

SDD F.N.G
Reaction score
Yow zaaa

Yep.. lower left hand corner.. near the coweling & the firewall. ( on mine anywayz)

Well know a guy who knows a guy,etc,etc Got a Fuse Block from the dealer today,well I paid and ill have it sat morning. Not too too bad in price ,maybe twice the scrapyard price round here,But i dont want to get someone elses problem so I bought a new Fuse Block,new Starter,new Solenoid,Sooo,tonite,clean up wires and underdash spaghetti and await the new arrival tomorrow morning..........I'll post some pics this afternoon,Thanks you guys and I'll keep you all posted......whew I hate electrical!!

TSD73

SDD F.N.G
Reaction score
Pics of the Fuse Block and Starter

After I knew the Fuse Block was trashed ,I thought I'd take a lookie inside....whew,Water Baaad..... Starter was about to go also ,So,I guess crankin for 2 minutes straight didn't help things for the better

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58