Gidday from a Western Australian...

Aussie F Truck

Wants a 7.3 F250...
Reaction score
G'day,

I haven't got a truck... but I love the F series and Excursions. My uncle owns a 2005 F250 7.3 Dual cab with a colour coded bull bar and canopy. So I've had experience with these trucks, and LOVE THEM. 7.3 is definitely a favourite engine. But these trucks are now only sold by small importers, and new ones are rare to see in Australia. My uncle's was one of the last sold new here. It's an awesome truck, and since he lives and works on a large farm, I've had the chance to drive the beast.

Would love the have enough to buy one, and mod it as a tourer and travel around Oz.

Catchyaz later.

Chris

Edit: my avatar isn't a pic of my uncles truck, he has a real bull bar, and his is metallic red.

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com, we are here to help
everyone and to have a good time doing it.
Hope you come back often, we have a few
others from down under,on here.
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome Aussie. Post a photo of your Uncle's truck when you can. G'day!

Dave

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.............:welcome

I know a guy in Perth that bought a 2010. He put a huge Roo guard and topper on it.

I understand these trucks are very expensive and go through an amazing conversions process when they are exported to Oz.

Purchase cost
Shipping cost
Import duty cost
Conversion cost (changing to right hand drive)
Dealer add on
Etc

Tbar

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Welcome! So when you gonna get a superduty!? So the newer trucks there still have 7.3's? One of these yrs Im wanting to visit Austrailia. My parents went a few yrs ago.

Aussie F Truck

Wants a 7.3 F250...
Reaction score
Thanks everybody!

Dave: Here's a pic of it, it's funny, my uncle's name is Dave as well.
IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

The black blotch is just covering my cousin who probably doesn't fancy being posted on the web.
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc419/SomebodyOfTheUnknown/Stuff/IMG_4358-1.jpg
^^ this one was taken on a trip up the north west coast in August, so the hot dry weather was startin to roll in. And it's always dryer up north.
First two pics where taken outside my house a few years ago, not much garden, parents were still renovating.

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be getting an F series anytime very soon, I'll probably buy the family station wagon from my parents.
115.jpg

grdfgdf-1.jpg

Not an F series. But it is a Ford! 2001 Ford AUII Falcon Futura station wagon in Winter White with a silver factory fitted roo/bull bar. The car was orginally owned by the Dept. Of Transport in Western Australia, and was used as a Transport Inspector vehicle. Transport Inspectors have to carry very heavy equipment, so the car was fitted with heavy duty rear suspension, which also raises the rear height by about 4cm. Parents bought it an at auction after the car served for 2 years in 2003. This car combine with the roo bar is very rare, I've never seen any others. Great car too, Falcons have always had the silkiest smooth straight six engines. Powerful, very torquey, reliable (never had anything go wrong with this car at all in the almost 11 years of its life), its also got a good ride and comfortable seats, and almost nothing can rival it for space!

Dad's a pro landscape photographer, and with his business growing, he has to cart around some very big framed photos to venues and sometimes buyer's homes. Everything fits in the wagon, but he may want to be able to carry more at once. Especially when we use the portable display, it'd be nice to fit it all in in one go. So a van may be useful soon enough. probably around when I get my licence. So I'd probably end up buying the wagon. Both coz it's a good car, and I like it.

Even F series like my uncle's usually sell for $50,000-$90,000 here. They keep their value! And that is more than I can pay for one.

Brand new ones cost heaps here. They are usually imported by individual companies, who have to then convert them and all the other stuff, to buy brand new, will cost $120,000-$145,000. Much much much more than in the states, which really annoys me.

Stroked68: Nope, the newer trucks do not have the 7.3s, after 2005, Ford Australia stopped importing the F-250 XL and XLT trucks here. The 7.3 was the last engine we got. After that, the engines the trucks that the smaller importers had were the same as you guys. If someone wants to buy a 2011 model, they can find an importer who's had it converted and everything, and they'll get either a petrol engine, or the 6.7 Diesel, which is most common. The newer trucks are rare as, I still havent seen a 2011 model.

Did your parents enjoy their trip? Oz is an awesome place, but the same can be said about almost any country. I want to visit the USA one day, and probably will. I suppose it's unreasonable to hope there's a hire company who will rent me a 6.2L SVT Raptor?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Thank you Aussia. That is a nice truck. You call that a roo bar? We call it a brush guard. Stops the brush from scratching the chrome. :) :)

Dave :D

Aussie F Truck

Wants a 7.3 F250...
Reaction score
No problem. It is a nice truck, I like the colour. And that engine.

Which one, the bar on the F-250 or our Falcon? The one on the F-250 is really a bull bar as well. Much bigger and tougher, large male kangaroos don't even leave a dent in it at 110km/h. In the cattle station areas there are occasionally stray cows, so having a bar in those areas is a must at certain times of the day.

The one on our Falcon is a roo bar, it wouldn't do a lot hitting an animal as big as a cow! It'd help though. It's not a brush guard. Not much chrome on the front of our car to protect! And it's not exactly an offroader. The bar is very firmly attached to the chassis, so it is very strong, kick it and it won't move a mm. Has been good to have couple of times. Kangaroos have no road sense, have hit a couple with it, and fairly high speed too, but no damage anywhere. Without the bar, the front would be dented, lights could be smashed, or the roo could slide up into the cabin.

I very rarely see what is called a brush guard, only roo/bull bars really. Most 4wds have them, and most trucks have a bar too. Especially the road trains.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14