Gidday from a Western Australian...

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
So yall had the 7.3 longer than us? We had the 7.3 till late 03 when they went to the 6.0. Yea big bumpers in the U.S. are called brush gaurds like the one on the pic of your F250. Bull bars are smaller, basically a small U shaped piece of tubing up front. Not much protection. I would love to have that brush guard on that truck! I think Im gonna put my dads snow plow on my truck this winter since he aint usin it. Its so cool seeing the Falcons still bein built over there. I've always loved the 70's falcons over there. Mad Max is my favorite! Yea they enjoyed their visit. I wanted to go with them so badly! They didnt like the flight though, too long of course. I'd like to visit there sometime. My number 1 country to visit. Plus i'd be safer there instead of goin to some of these other countries with all the crap goin on in this world. So you guys dont have the raptor? There are lots drivin around here. I'd love to have the crew cab version!

Aussie F Truck

Wants a 7.3 F250...
Reaction score
Yeah we had the 7.3 a little longer. My uncle and I were so annoyed when we discovered there weren't gonna be anymore F250's imported by Ford, and that there was to be no more 7.3! Never done a lot of research on the 6.0L, was it an improvement on the 7.3?

Inteeerrrresssssttttinnnnggg... here, it's generally the other way around. We have nudge bars, Hilux Nudge Bar S/S - 4x4 & Ute Accessories | AMA Brisbane, roo bars/bull bars that are good for touring and serious offroading ARB Deluxe Bull Bar - ARB Bull Bars - Bullbars - 4WD/Four Wheel Drive Mining Accessories - Ultimate 4WD WA and more serious protective bars which are more common around cattle stations like these. Roo bars and scrub bars

fjggjklgas.jpg

Here's a huge one on an F250, found this pic on the web.

What you call bull bars don't sound very helpful at all. I've seen them, didn't realise you called them bull bars. My uncle had the one on his colour coded with the truck. Looks awesome I reckon. My uncle lives an 8 hour drive away on a farm, so I don't see the effie that much.

The Falcon is an aussie icon, along with the Holdens. The Ford-Holden rivalry is a big deal... I tend to lean toward Ford, because we've owned them i guess, and generally they are a better car, but Holden has the good V8's! Ford have the best 6's. It's weird to see pics of Falcons in the USA, I'm used to them only being here. Unfortunately, the future of the Falcon now is looking a bit shakey... and it's all Ford's fault. Sales have been pretty bad recently. I reckon it's because they axed the wagons, and the XR8 V8 Falcon. The Falcon range is only straight sixes, with two turboed varients. Ford Performance Vehicles have V8 Falcons though.
| Ford Performance Vehicles | FPV

71 Falcon GT-HO 351 sedans are now a legend, super collectable, a good one will cost you upwards of $600,000 now... Mad Max is popular beast, there's a replica of the original in one of the small towns, forgot which one.

No long flight is any fun, I get bored flying 4 hours to the eastern side of Oz! The USA is a country I've been longing to visit! Always been fancinated with the USA, no idea why really. New Zealand is another nice place to visit.

Nope, not many Raptors, some people import them, and then have to get them converted to RHD and all that crap, ends up costing 3 times as much as it would to buy one in the USA. It's so stupid. I know there's lots around there! I'd love to get a Hennessey tuned crew cab Raptor 6.2!

Aussie F Truck

Wants a 7.3 F250...
Reaction score
The one on our Falcon isn't much of a bull bar. But it's about as tough a bar as most road vehicles get, unless they live in the country areas where stray animals/wild animals can run infront of them.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you see this coming down the road and one of the low ride pull out in front of it. The person in the car would have to change there paints...
fjggjklgas.jpg

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Yeah we had the 7.3 a little longer. My uncle and I were so annoyed when we discovered there weren't gonna be anymore F250's imported by Ford, and that there was to be no more 7.3! Never done a lot of research on the 6.0L, was it an improvement on the 7.3?

Inteeerrrresssssttttinnnnggg... here, it's generally the other way around. We have nudge bars, Hilux Nudge Bar S/S - 4x4 & Ute Accessories | AMA Brisbane, roo bars/bull bars that are good for touring and serious offroading ARB Deluxe Bull Bar - ARB Bull Bars - Bullbars - 4WD/Four Wheel Drive Mining Accessories - Ultimate 4WD WA and more serious protective bars which are more common around cattle stations like these. Roo bars and scrub bars

fjggjklgas.jpg

Here's a huge one on an F250, found this pic on the web.

What you call bull bars don't sound very helpful at all. I've seen them, didn't realise you called them bull bars. My uncle had the one on his colour coded with the truck. Looks awesome I reckon. My uncle lives an 8 hour drive away on a farm, so I don't see the effie that much.

The Falcon is an aussie icon, along with the Holdens. The Ford-Holden rivalry is a big deal... I tend to lean toward Ford, because we've owned them i guess, and generally they are a better car, but Holden has the good V8's! Ford have the best 6's. It's weird to see pics of Falcons in the USA, I'm used to them only being here. Unfortunately, the future of the Falcon now is looking a bit shakey... and it's all Ford's fault. Sales have been pretty bad recently. I reckon it's because they axed the wagons, and the XR8 V8 Falcon. The Falcon range is only straight sixes, with two turboed varients. Ford Performance Vehicles have V8 Falcons though.
| Ford Performance Vehicles | FPV

71 Falcon GT-HO 351 sedans are now a legend, super collectable, a good one will cost you upwards of $600,000 now... Mad Max is popular beast, there's a replica of the original in one of the small towns, forgot which one.

No long flight is any fun, I get bored flying 4 hours to the eastern side of Oz! The USA is a country I've been longing to visit! Always been fancinated with the USA, no idea why really. New Zealand is another nice place to visit.

Nope, not many Raptors, some people import them, and then have to get them converted to RHD and all that crap, ends up costing 3 times as much as it would to buy one in the USA. It's so stupid. I know there's lots around there! I'd love to get a Hennessey tuned crew cab Raptor 6.2!

It was sort of an improvement, more power, better fuel mileage BUT they cheapened them up a bit and the 6.0's would blow headgaskets if you put a big chip on them and the egr's are junk and would also blow headgaskets. Once you head stud them they are hot rod motors. My cousin has an 05 F250 crew short bed jacked up high with 35's and man that thing screams. I didnt want a 6.0 so I settled for the 7.3 cause I knew they are bullet proof motors. over 273k on mine so far and still ticking. Im due for some glow plugs though. The U.S., Great Britain, and Austrailia all have different words for the same meanings. Guess we are the weird ones right?? haha
I used to watch alot of Austrailian V8 Supercar racing on cable. Dont think they show it anymore. They always raced the falcons and holdens. Basically Ford vs Chevy since Holden uses pos gm motors. I hate GM! Wagons are dieing here or have already died. Mainly goin to hatch backs and Crossovers. I love wagons, I'd love to find an old 50's Ford wagon. Or Mercury. Muscle cars arent dead here. I assume you have new mustangs there?? With the new camaro and challenger, mustang finally has some competion but they are still winning. I still see more mustangs than any of the other two. We personally have 4 mustangs in our stable so our small town is protected from gm and dodge haha. Do you HAVE to convert a vehicle to rhd or can you leave it alone??

Aussie F Truck

Wants a 7.3 F250...
Reaction score
How did the 6.0 sound compared to the 7.3? I've always loved the sound of the 7.3, never heard any other V8 diesels apart from Chev V8 Diesel converted Nissan Patrols, and LandCruiser 200 series 4.5L V8 Diesels. Nothing has sounded as good as the 7.3 to me yet. But we dont have a lot of V8 diesels.

Yeah, we speak english, but still don't say the same things. I dunno who's the weird ones! But calling a tiny tube of metal a bull bar?? It's quite the opposite of what we call them. That either gets called a tiny piece of metal tube, or a nudge bar.

The the V8 Supercars is a big thing here. It's on ever 2nd weekend I think here... Don't quite remember, I don't watch it much anymore. I started to get tired of the racing. It's all just going around and around in the same away around the same corners and down the same straights. So, I'm a rally fan, and Ken Block who have tobe pretty much the best driver. What I love about rally I guess is the danger, the huge variations all the time, the jaw dropping driving techniques... and I love it when someone enters a big Aussie V8 sedan in a rally. Most cars are smaller like Subies/ Mitsu/ Toyotas all the rest, but there's one car in particular that I've seen, and love. It's not a Ford, no one has entered any Falcon sedans, It's a Holden Commodore SS 6.0L V8. Most entertaining rally car I've seen locally!

Not all Holden motors are from GM, the V6's as far as I know arent. With Ford, the winning engine is the straight 6, which is one of the best sixes around, and Holden have the V8's covered. Ford Performance Vehicles have the fastest V8 in the Falcons they send out, it's the engine from the Mustang, but supercharged, which means 335 kW.

REAL wagons are definitely dying. Which is sad! Even Holden's Sportwagon is half the size the wagon used to be! But the wagons are about half or Commodore sales! Clearly people want the space, but also want it to look good. So Ford need to develop a brand new wagon, full size, but good looking! I'm actually designing a new wagon myself... trying to get a shape that I like, but keeping it full size. When I'm finished, I'll probably send a electronic copy to the R&D guys at Ford, whether they decide to use it for anything is up to them.

Old wagons are awesome, especially some of the wagons you had in the USA. 71-72 Squire wagons are one that I like.

Muscle cars aren't really dead here... we have HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) and FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles) who both produce the fastest Falcons and Commodores you can buy. All V8, except two of the FPV models are turboed sixes, which are very very quick. Unfortunately, we don't have the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, or aanything else. Most of Australia wants the Mustang, but the only way is to buy from a small importer... or import yourself. Convertible Mustangs would be my choice, always loved convertibles.

If the vehicle is younger than 30 yrs, then you must convert it. If it is older, you don't have to, but in some states you have to have stickers saying 'CAUTION LEFT HAND DRIVE'. Not in Western Australia though.

What would the rules be if you wanted to import an Aussie car?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14