GM guy jumped ship

cwharding

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This feels like an AA meeting to me. I just picked up my very first Ford after 18 years of buying and selling GM. A couple of weeks ago my '02 duramax (is this a bad word on this forum?) left my family and I stranded pulling our toyhauler travel trailer. We were taking our first camping trip of the summer and my injectors went bad and pumped the crankcase full of diesel. My dad came to the rescue with his '08 superduty diesel and I was very impressed with how well it towed. A week later I picked up my Dmax (repaired under warranty, thanks GM) drove it straight to the Ford dealer and picked up my 2008 Ford F-350 Superduty crew cab shortbed diesel pickup. I broke it in pulling my travel trailer with 4 dirtbikes in the bed. Anyway, nice to jump to the other side of the fence and I'm enjoying my new truck.

cwh

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com and come back often.
I thank you will be very pleased with your new truck.
We do sometimes talk about the Chevs, but most
of the time we can't find much good to say about them.
:oval:thumbs

whipittire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after repairing all the big three in my shop you will find they all break down.i bought my ford because of the looks an comfort of the interior. we may be ford guys but you cant say too much bad about the duramax/allison combo.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome !

wondering if your durasacks was one of the ones that GM doubled the warranty on (to 200k) ?

they couldnt keep injector pumps (or injectors) in those early units, never forget...friend
of mine whos an ase-cert. mechanic was working at a manassas (va) gm dealer....the gm
diesel mechanics had built a waist high wall between the garage bays w/ all the
dead duramax injector pumps they had laying around...(gm didnt want 'em back...just rip
and replace)

cwharding

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the 'ol dmax was under the 9 year 200k mile warranty. Three of the injectors were cracked. I can't believe that they replaced all of them at the same time. I tried to jump ship a while ago but the wife really like the interior layout of the GM trucks. I guess she had to drive my dads F-250 to really push her over the edge.

cwh

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58