Going from 115 degrees to -65

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike you are crazy. If it gets below 75 here I am starting to put on warmer clothes. Don't think I could handle -65. Congrats on the resignation.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Mike, you going to Antarctica for Summer support, or are ou going to Winter Over? I was Summer Support when I was a Seabee. 18 above is nice weather. 45 above is shorts, t shirt, and catching some rays weather. Keith

For right now it is just Summer Support but depending on how I like it I may consider doing winter over. I am taking a pretty good pay cut but i want to do it for the experience :cool:

Mike you are crazy. If it gets below 75 here I am starting to put on warmer clothes. Don't think I could handle -65. Congrats on the resignation.

I was born in North Dakota and lived in South Dakota for 7 years (military brat) so I used to love the cold. But how that i have been working in th middle east for so long i have just gotten used to the heat. Its going to be interesting that is for sure :D

Mike you need to upgrade to the 6.0 tranny cooler, it is twice as big as the stock one you have now. It will take care of those hot Texas summers.
115 to -65. Mike are you just a little warped.:roflmao :roflmao

:confused: I have a 6.0L engine so it would come with the 6.0 tranny cooler right? I was thinking about upgrading to a larger one or is that not needed? The truck will be used to tow my car around (not the Cobra... i am selling that one but plan on getting something better/faster in the future) and have really been looking at getting a camper when i get back. I love to travel (if you couldnt tell)

And yes... I am a tad warped :sweet

Mike, That is crazy, one extreme to another!!!!!!

What happened to the green truck? Did you sell it or repaint it? (looking at the red truck in your avatar)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking you had a 03 with a 7.3, so you will be ok. Just put on some gages and the 4 in pipe will be just fine. You think you will have email up there or will the lines all be froze up. LOL
At least you are making good money and getting to see the world also. Have fun.
Are you getting a Cobra Jet Mustang? They are so cool.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I was thinking you had a 03 with a 7.3, so you will be ok. Just put on some gages and the 4 in pipe will be just fine. You think you will have email up there or will the lines all be froze up. LOL
At least you are making good money and getting to see the world also. Have fun.
Are you getting a Cobra Jet Mustang? They are so cool.

Ok, good to hear. Maybe i will just change the fluid in it (i dont know if it was ever done by the previous owner).

I dont know what i am going to get. I think it depends on my financial situation when i finally decide to come back to the states for good. I have really been looking at one of those Factory Five cobra replicas for a while... maybe i will do that.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Mike,

That is just a Avatar, still have the green beast, never getting rid of it ;)

Reaction score
Mike,

Make sure you take plenty of pics when you get to Antarctica. For most of us, that will be as close as we get!
And, we definitely need to have a get together when you get back to TX!:tex

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was Summer Support 80 to 81 and 81 to 82, That would be the rebuilt Heavy Shop. The Heavy Shop burned down during the 81 to 82 season, along with the tire shop. The fire started in a burn crapper. Some of the Cat equipment we had used pony motors to start the diesels. There was 1 LGP D8 with a D9 engine in it. Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14