Going through some changes around here.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I guess I knew it was a matter of time. It finally happened that I can no longer support this new Peterbilt. I had my father-in-law driving it for the last 2.5 months. Between the cost of fuel, insurance and having to wait for forever to get paid, it just kept digging a big hole in the pocket book.

So I had to park it about 2 weeks ago and let my father-in-law go. I hated having to do it, but he understood and really never wanted to be back on the road. At least it gave him some income for a few months.

I called the financial people and told them my situation. I must say this, they have bent over backwards for me. Gave me extentions, reduced the payments on 2 occasions to half and I'll be if I still couldn't make it.

My broker account had to keep it going 75% of the time and that ate up money that I didn't have to run both the truck and pay others that haul for me.

There is a happy ending to all of this though. The financial people have agreed to let another transport company that has hauled a lot for us out West, take over payments of the truck. The owner of that company is flying out here Thursday morning to come get it.

So it is just me and my Dad in the office now. We will continue to broker out vehicles for transport to other carriers from now on. These changes have been painful and heartbreaking at the same time, but I truly believe they have been the answers to a lot of praying I have been doing.

So spread the word and send me some business. We are doing well in this aspect of our business and we can now focus more attention to it instead of having to worry about loading a truck, paying for fuel, insurance, etc.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Hard to make it in todays economy as a Owner Operator let alone try and make it as a owner paying a driver. Seems like you can either own one and drive it while living in poverty or own at least 20 and live in poverty. Less than 20 and there is not enough left to buy beans since the profit on each is marginal. Sounds like your brokering business is doing great so keep up the good work.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bama-

when one door closes, one opens. good luck.

X2 Stephen.

As Heart-wrenching as it may be.. Unloading a burden, for the sake of family security, will always win out... in the end.

I'd betcha, with the Economy on somewhat of an up-swing and being able to focus on your Brokerage interests.. Without the truck.. will be a Good Thing, in time.

Best of luck and good fortune to you Bama.

Joe

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about it Stephen. Can you broker any loads other than cars?

My broker authority allows me to broker any type of freight out to other carriers.

Automobiles is all I know. Maybe I could branch out for other types of freight in the future, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
My broker authority allows me to broker any type of freight out to other carriers.

Automobiles is all I know. Maybe I could branch out for other types of freight in the future, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

go back to the three-car gooseneck and haul stuff to BTS?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will make it fine, Stephen. It may take a little while, but I know you will make it in the end. :)

Dave :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58