Going through some changes around here.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the best step forward is a step back.

It always hurts, but if you keep at it, you will come out on top.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I'm feeling really good about some of the changes. Gotta keep a close eye on how much the expenses are and knock some them out of the way or at least down.

I was checking out this months moves so far and we have moved 99 total vehicles so far.

So this month is going really good with 7 more days still to go.

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Gotta start makin' some lemonade now.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it is working out but I know you'll miss the pete. Sounds like your financing company was good to work with and you found a way out without you or the bank taking a big hit.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Bama. As an owner of two businesses myself I know how you feel. Especially on the expense part of it. So many people think that just because you own your own business you are rich and you are your own boss, etc. Well you are your own boss, but you are also the toilet cleaner, the floor sweeper, the grass cutter, the maintenance guy, etc, etc. Another thing that was surprising is how much more expensive commercial rates are over residential for things like trash, cable, phone, broadband, etc. It takes a lot of time and money to run a successful business. It sounds like your finance guys were very good to you. Glad that aspect of it worked out. Now that that burden is gone focus on cutting the fat as you mentioned and all should be well as you focus more intently on the brokerage side of things. Good luck!

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Luck Bama, Hope it all comes together....

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
And quit sniveling!!!

Dave :D

No sniveling here Dave :D

I have felt so much better here lately after letting this Pete go.

It means a lot to be able to sleep at night and not worry about how you
are going to pay for fuel, the driver, insurance, claims, etc. and know that there
is no money to run it with.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Stephen
Sorry to hear about the severe downturn.
prayers that it gets going in a positive direction

good deal about the truck, at least it wont be a big hit on the credit

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It means a lot to be able to sleep at night and not worry about how you
are going to pay for fuel, the driver, insurance, claims, etc. and know that there
is no money to run it with.
Stephen, you also can rest assured that you don't have a driver out there doing "stupid things" and tearing up your truck. I remember the time that you lost contact with a driver for awhile. At least those headaches are behind you.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Stephen, I know where you are coming from with the decision to let the truck go. We closed one of our seven lumber yards in July and it was extremely hard to do and three days after we shut the doors my dad had a heart attack as well as quadruple by-pass. Everything sounds like its getting better now that you don't have the truck expenses anymore. Good luck.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58