Good samaritan

spotlite08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all you Blue Blooded Ford Fans. I am too.
I have a friend, who is disabled,(non military) who is on SSI, 1k a mth. He is driving a 96 f350 4 dr, 4x2, and it has a leaking injector that runs clear when the engine is warmed up. When cold it smokes badly. Now we have been to a couple of repair shops, I have looked on ebay for info. and there is not a tutorial on r/r an injector. but from what I have seen it is a simple unbolt. I watched the cups replaced, but I am not sure if that is necessary. He wantsa to sell it for another more economical truck. He has one arm, and finds a extened cab or 4 dr to be convenient. I would like to help him, but am lacking enough info. to do this. He is in the Hospital , just had his 3rd surgery in a year on his back. If anyone can help me, or him, you may email me at [email protected]. Thank you.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spotlite, glad to have you on board!!! Sorry about your friend. How many miles does the truck have on it? There are plenty of guys on here who can give you good information.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Welcome! You came to the right place! Def sounds like needs orings for the leak and maybe glowplugs are goin or the relay? Someone else will chime in.

spotlite08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
247k.. and I meant I saw the info I referred to, on youtube.. BTW have you seen those nifty cup pulling tools on youtube? very handy..

Last edited:

spotlite08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Can you be specific about the O rings? his glowplugs are bad, he has a new set, I dont know if they are a simple r/r. any detailed help is very welcome.. I think 1 injector is leaking the pressure down into the cylinder, then burns it off when it gets hot.. what do you think? and, how can I find the bad injector?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14