Got tires force balanced

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my wheels force balanced on a hunter 9700 today at a Ford Quick lane. I can't tell you guys how happy I am! :D I had my 35" AT Procomps put on at 4wheel parts about 2wks ago and the whole truck vibrated like a mofo, wrong weights etc. These guys at quicklane got it done. they used motorcraft weights like the factory did, and got the tires between 8-28 lbs of road force! the truck rides so smooth i can't explain it. it's like stock. (Now I just have to correct the pinion angle to fix the 45-50mph vibe. :rolleyes: ) All I can say is I love road force balancers and people that know how to use them correctly. Props to this Ford quick lane down the street. not to mention they were the cheapest price vs any other tire shop I found with a hunter 9700; including tires plus etc.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kind of interested it this. Truck is riding really bad right now. Need to have tires balanced. I will be putting new ones on and if it that good I'll have them balance the new tires that way.

dport53

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
On my truck I use a thing that a lot of semi's use, its like a load of sand in a plastic bag that you actually put inside your tire and when the tires are mounted it busts. The principle is that while the tire rotates the sand gathers to the spot that is out of balance the most from the centrifugal force and makes it ride smooth. I personally do not know the details on how it works, just that it has worked well for me on all of my lifted trucks ( tire sizes range from 33-42 in) and I will continue to use it. Just some food for thought on a way you could possibly get a fix out of it

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my truck I use a thing that a lot of semi's use, its like a load of sand in a plastic bag that you actually put inside your tire and when the tires are mounted it busts. The principle is that while the tire rotates the sand gathers to the spot that is out of balance the most from the centrifugal force and makes it ride smooth. I personally do not know the details on how it works, just that it has worked well for me on all of my lifted trucks ( tire sizes range from 33-42 in) and I will continue to use it. Just some food for thought on a way you could possibly get a fix out of it

Well that is different. Never heard of something like that.

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
I got it in my 35 too and love the ride it beats the hell out of the wts they put on plus they don't fly off and hit your trk just my 2cents worth

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
What does "force balanced" mean and what does it do?

BTW, glad your ride is smoother now.

ok...
think of a radial engine..
now turn the cylinders into springs
give a few of the springs different rates
wrap a tire tread around it

road force balancing is done by a load roller mounted onto the balancer and it's transducer is fed into the balancer's computer
at the same time, when you're centering the wheel on the unit, the machine is taking runout readings of the wheel
it then matches the stiffest springs with the low point in the wheel, evening out the spring rate in the sidewall

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I think that might be Equal

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also used Centramatic wheel balancers before on my old Yoter w/ 35" MT's. One thing that I can't understand with the Equal type balancing types, is why when on a spin balancer does it read out of balance? Would it work on a force balancer?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14