Grille Insert Questions

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of the "part chrome" grilles on my '99. The top half of the honeycomb part on the passenger side is busted out. I plan to get a new plain grille and paint it white (color of truck). I was then going to get some of those billet grille inserts (horizontal one's) and have them powdercoated black ...... then bolt them in.

My question is this .... do I need to even get a new grille? Basically, I just need to know "where" on the passenger side honeycomb does the insert bolt up. If I don't need to use the top half of that section to bolt the insert in, then I can keep my current grille & save some $$$.

So those of you that bolted these in, please post up. T.I.A.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Do you have a picture because i know i am lost.

Here is a picture of my grill, are you asking how this bolts in? I think we have the same style grill.

-Mike

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We do have the same style grille.

There are 2 options out there. One is a billet insert kit (3 pieces I guess) that bolts into your existing grille. The other is a complete grille ..... already made with the inserts. I don't know which one you have.

So yes, if you have the 3 piece kit, I need to know how the passenger side piece bolts in (like the specific locations of the bolts). The top part of my honeycomb is broken out .... but if I can still bolt it in, that would be great.

Here is a pic. The red circle is the part that is busted out on mine .....

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
ohhh ok.... yes i have the 3 piece. There are two threaded rods that would go through the honey comb and then flat stock that connects the two. Even though your honeycomb is missing i still think there is enough there to hold it in place and you shouldnt tell anything is wrong once it is all together.

I have attached another picture that is a little clearer. If memory servies me right (and its not like i can just go outside and check :sorry ) the threaded rod is about the second bar from the top and the second bar from the bottom. And like i said, there is a piece of flat stock that connects to both threaded rods that just about goes the whole length of the grill piece and clamps it in place.

ohh i just found a picture of the grill before it was installed. It is the center piece but you get the idea.

-Mike

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
You can put either billet or stainless inserts to cover that up. I have stainless inserts in mine from http://www.cloudrider.ca/.

They clip behind the outer portions of the grill instead of the honeycomb part

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
SeventyMach1 said:
I have one of the "part chrome" grilles on my '99. The top half of the honeycomb part on the passenger side is busted out. I plan to get a new plain grille and paint it white (color of truck). I was then going to get some of those billet grille inserts (horizontal one's) and have them powdercoated black ...... then bolt them in.

My question is this .... do I need to even get a new grille? Basically, I just need to know "where" on the passenger side honeycomb does the insert bolt up. If I don't need to use the top half of that section to bolt the insert in, then I can keep my current grille & save some $$$.

So those of you that bolted these in, please post up. T.I.A.

If you use the one peice billet then no you don't need a new grill. You will trim away everything but the chrome from the ones I've seen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14