Gt38r

Suprminer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just curious how much whistle the GT38R puts out if anyone knows and is this a good turbo to install if I have plans of adding injectors later on.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
A LOT! More noise than I expected. The newer ones (mine) a supposedly louder that the older ones. Otherwise, GREAT turbo.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Hope you like the noise. I'm sick of it, especially towing the travel trailer.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A LOT! More noise than I expected. The newer ones (mine) a supposedly louder that the older ones. Otherwise, GREAT turbo.

the newer one has more whistle cause it has less chatter then the older one...i love mine but i drive tractor trailer and hear turbo whistle all day long...

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
What are some of your boost presures with this turbo. I have the wicked wheel in mine now it whisle's pretty good how much louder than the wicked wheel is it.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hitting 35 PSI pretty easy..its moving 33% more air then the stocker is at that level with a little over 1 to 1 back PSI..it makes the whistle a lot louder out the AFE II filter under the hood...my tail pipe comes out behind the back tire so I cant hear it all that well but friends say its all whistle over the diesel growl through my 5" strait pipe.. she does chatter quite a bit if i let off the go peddle quick....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58