Guages

01Extreme69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so now I am confused. Where should the Probe go. I have heard pretty much nothing but pre-turbo.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Drill out the drivers exhaust manifold and tap it for the probe. It is easy, just take it slow and vacuum out the chips before you start the engine. Use 3-in-one oil or simular for the tap. Look at my pictures to see where I drilled mine (the under side of the manifold).

Dave

01Extreme69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, So I got everything done finally. A bit broke off in the manifold, so that was great. Had to remove the turbo and the exhaust piping to fish it out. But its done finally. But my Trans Temp gauge isnt reading at all. I got on it yesterday after some old guy in a Crossfire wanted some diesel smoke in his face, and it moved just above 100 degrees. Is this normal. I know it has so special trans filter. But should that matter. My EGT is reading about 400-500 cruising on the highway, 600-700 when I am getting on it. Boost is good, I get about 28 WOT. Any info would be appreciated.
Herb

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
It takes me 5+ miles of driving before my temp gauge registers anything, takes a while for it to warm up.

01Extreme69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but I drove about 40 miles yesterday and it was still reading nothing. It only raised when I got went full power.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
is it cold outside??

it depends on the temp for me. but I usally cruse at 150 but it takes a good long while to get there. (70 degrees outside)

01Extreme69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was about 90 today. I guess I will know for sure tomorrow. Cause its supposed to be 90+ and I am carrying to quads for about 100 miles one way. That should be a good way to test it out. Does all the temps seem to be accurate?? I just want to make sure before I start depending on them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58