Having trouble getting out of Four Low

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Thanks Guys for all the input had it Towed to the stealership, Paid for the extended Warrenty they Replaced the Solenoid on the Transfer case. Thanks For all your Jnput Bubba

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my ex-stepmother had a chevy wit a 4X4 stick and always had trouble takin it outta 4 wheel drive, but then again...it wuz a chevy !!!

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Works Great Mechanic Told me after 1996 all Four wheel drive shifters either Dash or Floor mount shifters they are all Solenoid shifts. Pull the Lever back and it is a Solenoid that you Moved BUBBA

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that mechanic is a putz... A solenoid is an electromagnet that operates in a linear motion. Besides that, there's no solenoid that will make partial travel. It's a small gear box with a motor on it with some limit switches for the engagement of the transfer case. That guy is a flat out moron... hope you're not friends or related to him...

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Kleetis you Might be Right Ford Called it a Solenoid they Replaced it That is all I care about. But I will only say My 2000 Wrangler is A true Shift 4x4 Linkage goes to the Transfer case That is what I am used to.. Bubba

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i have the lever too... less to screw up and if you really feel ignorant you can move it with a big screwdriver if you have to.

I had one burn up with ESOF and my wrecker on scene couldn't move the stupid thing since all the controls were burned off in the cab. It was a real yank and tear process to get it on the flatbed. what a mess...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58