Head Lights Out

pacman99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
HELP!! Sons 99, 4x4, 6 speed, headlights quit and we've replaced the light switch, dimmer switch and all fuses are good. Anyone have an Idea about what to check?

Thanks.

Don

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELP!! Sons 99, 4x4, 6 speed, headlights quit and we've replaced the light switch, dimmer switch and all fuses are good. Anyone have an Idea about what to check?

Thanks.

Don

Look at the wiring to the MFS. If you have a tilt wheel, you may have a broken wire( inside the insulation)....

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'll SWAG "headlamp relay"

Friend, you need to buy a test light and start looking for power feeds at the various parts... power in & out of the headlamp switch, the dimmer switch, bulbs, etc..

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
mine kept going out and I'd have to bang on them and they would come back on. The problem was the grounding wire on one side(drivers) causing them both to go out or one dim and ond normal. Got a harness kit from one of the sites sponsors and they work great now. I got the harness that keeps the lows on with tihe highs. I think it was aroune $50. I'll check my truck file and let you know iuf you want me to.

pacman99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks All,

Got it fixed, $278 for the mechanic to trace the wire. He put an amp and sub in and took the gromet off to get the wires through, headlight power wire was chaffed and grounding out.............real lucky it didn't cost more, a couple of batteries or computer.

Don

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14