Question Headlight swap between different models

yingxuy

Banned User
Reaction score
After they clear shell after the truck market replication. They are direct fit, but I remember I had some problems gettting clip or place something. This is just a little pain.

newt92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can always go one step further and install 05-07 lights if you like that style. You have to due a little surgery to make them fit. Got mine off a seller on Ebay. Put the Harley lights on my 03. Put a set of Harleys on my 05 as well.

P1020698.jpg

Y2KW57

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Factory alternatives to G-Force

Any use the G-Force Headlights yet? If so, do you have any pics of them installed on your truck?

FORD EXCURSION F250 F350 SUPERDUTY HEAD LIGHTS+CORNER CHROME | eBay

I have the exact same look of the G-Force light set up shown in your link in my 2000 Super Duty.

What distinguishes this look from the clear corners that Big Joe posted is that the clear corners are not just clear in color, they are also clear in lens translucency. There is no fluting on the parking lamp lens... the fluting is in the chrome reflector, just like the 2002-2003 Ford stock headlights.

In fact, that is the difference between the early 99 through 2001 headlights, versus the 2002-2003 headlights... the fluting moved from the lens to the reflector. The 2002-2003 headlights from Ford interchange with the 2000 model year with no surgery required. The clip is stil a PIA though.

I bought my clear lens, chrome reflector fluted headlights from Ford... because I wanted absolute assurance of OEM quality. I had read too many stories about aftermarket headlight housings leaking, fogging, not fitting quite right, etc.

I bought the clear color, clear lens, chrome fluted "clear corners" from an aftermarket truck store (I wanted to see them in person first, and verify they were DOT Approved). The product was made by APC, which was the shiznit euro ricer aftermarket company back in it's hey day a decade ago, but they are since out of business. Ironically, APC got fined $650,000 by the feds for selling some ricer lights that weren't DOT approved. Mine were though... they even put a stern warning in the box stating that I must use an AMBER bulb to maintain DOT approval (which they provided), and not reuse the (clear) factory bulb that was already in the Ford amber corners.

Even though APC is gone, it seems that others... like G-Force... continue to sell what used to be called the DIAMOND CLEAR CORNERS for the 99-03 Super Duty. And it seems that G-Force isn't the only company either... take a look at this extremely similar look by another ebay seller:

(hope this link works)

I also found diamond clear corners for sale by themselves for between $50 and $70 for the pair. This would be the option to consider if you want to have your clear lense chrome reflector headlights be OEM Ford parts, which is what I did. However, it will be waaaay more expensive to do it this way, when you can get the headlight housing and the diamond clear corner for both sides for only $125.00 total. But quality beware...

Also, I noticed that the fluting on the clear reflector seems to differ a bit from photo to photo of the various aftermarket ones I have seen advertised. For the "look" to really work, it is best when the number and spacing of the flutes in the reflector of the headlamp actually matches the number and spacing of the flutes in the parking lamp below. Then it looks like it was designed together.

It just so happened that when APC was in it's hey day back in the turn of the century, the owner happened to also have some kind of high connection or seat on the board at SEMA, and had knowlege of the 2002 Ford headlight design, and had the designer match the fluting on the reflector quite well. I only know this because I saw the owner and met the designer when I was at SEMA, 10 years ago, so I knew what to look for when I went shopping. Sadly, my meet and greet didn't net me any free parts from them. I paid retail when I finally found them.

Hope this helps.

Now that I've seen a 99-03 fitted with 05-07 Harley lights, I'm thinking hmmmm. My truck is black too....

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going with the 05 plus Harleys, there is a seller on eBay that sells the conversion kit with install instructions. All for a 180

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
Thank for all the information from everyone. I ended up purchasing the G-Force pair off Ebay. I've attached before and after pics.

Drew

Y2KW57

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Looks good!

Very interesting... what they sent you was NOT the same as what they depicted in their picture on their eBay ad. The difference is in the lower parking light lens. So the "look" I was talking about doesn't apply to the G-Force product after all.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yours aren't "frosted"

the lenses are cloudy and need restoration.. but that being said, a headlight swap will look better and be quicker...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58