Heated seats

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
HELP I am burning my tail feathers
mY seat heat button keeps getting pushed in accidentlyy.
do the excursions have a light on the dash to let you know the heater is on?
i usaully find out when i feel teh sudden HOT in teh rear area.
and the button is hard to see while driving.
thanks

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Could always just disconnect the harness plug from the switch itself under the seat if the 06's are similar in design to the 2004-2005's.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I thought about doing that, excpet it disables them I used them a few minutes this morning it was 52 here brrrrr
and 78 now
I may have to wrok up an indicator lamp for the dash
just wasnt sure if the ex, had an indicator on the dash, my jag had one and seeing as its part ford, I thought maybe just maybe.

CHPMustang said:
Could always just disconnect the harness plug from the switch itself under the seat if the 06's are similar in design to the 2004-2005's.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
There's no like little LED on the switch itself to indicate when it's on eh.

For an external LED hookup I'd bet Daryl might have some suggestions :sweet

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bill
yep there is a little yellow light ont he switch. problem is its very hard to see unless you lean way forward and over and peer down the door. around my large thigh :eek:
i was thinking to tap teh yellow indicator to another one up on the dash somewhere.

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to change gears on the thread..but it is seat realated....how hard is it to change the elements on them, or better yet, can you move them, Ive got a spot on my seat(drivers side) that gets hotter than any other spot on the seat, Im assuming that the element is just closer to the top, can you move them deeper in the seat?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
powerboatr said:
bill
yep there is a little yellow light ont he switch. problem is its very hard to see unless you lean way forward and over and peer down the door. around my large thigh :eek:
i was thinking to tap teh yellow indicator to another one up on the dash somewhere.
Sounds like a minor project in the works,maybe bridge a circuit from the switch LED to the remote one?

Ya'll out there Daryl?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yep thats what I am thinking
I have a few projects on tap this weekend
oil change, drop fuel tank(maybe), change out door handles if they get here by friday, so I will try to run into radio shacky
CHPMustang said:
Sounds like a minor project in the works,maybe bridge a circuit from the switch LED to the remote one?

Ya'll out there Daryl?

F350R

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My better half was always leaving the passenger side on so I went to Radio Shack and picked up a couple of 12V LED's. I paralled a small wire on the LED in the switch and ran it under the carpet, up the pillar and placed the LED's in the over head console. The LEd's could be placed anywhere that's just where I thought they would look nice. At least now I know when the heat has been left on and also know when I have bumped the drivers side as well.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
pictures man :eek:
F350R said:
My better half was always leaving the passenger side on so I went to Radio Shack and picked up a couple of 12V LED's. I paralled a small wire on the LED in the switch and ran it under the carpet, up the pillar and placed the LED's in the over head console. The LEd's could be placed anywhere that's just where I thought they would look nice. At least now I know when the heat has been left on and also know when I have bumped the drivers side as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14