Help! Belching White Smoke

focus1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Smoke

White smoke is over fueling, unburnt fuel a 6.4 should never do that, could be bad fuel ,sticking leaking injector or software. Might need a new program. if it gets worse or keeps doing it why not ask your dealer?

Hardrock_F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mine was pouring out white smoke on a slow to regular accleration while the humidity was high. There is a TSB on this problem, I had my intercooler replaced and reflashed the PCM and IC, and this stopped the white smoke problem. Here is the TSB.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was pouring out white smoke on a slow to regular accleration while the humidity was high. There is a TSB on this problem, I had my intercooler replaced and reflashed the PCM and IC, and this stopped the white smoke problem. Here is the TSB.

so i read that attachment , now i finally understand , like it says it happens during a moderate to full throttle which i sometimes do b/c i live on a busy street and sometimes have to lay on it to get in with the flow of early mornin traffic on a residential street hahaha but yea its very short burst of white smoke say about 30ft 3 ft in diameter , but this is after i had my pcm reflashed & new radiator put in my truck was built in march 07' and as of now until its fixed im not runin a programmer b/c this new software wont let my programmer re-install after re-flashin the programmer multiple times the guys at PPE are trying to write to new software they say ford has really cracked down should get it back this comin week(PROGRAMMER) , but also i have noticed smokin durin regen like when im moderate to full throttle to make a light it burps out some but very minimal , im gonna have to fall on the fact of it could be a mix of the bad fuel and the temps outside i dont think i have a sticking injector well at least i hope !...................so could i be due for a new charge air cooler assembly ?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58