Help! Belching White Smoke

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
My truck has started bellowing out the white smoke this past week.......I'm taking it in for the coolant system recall, but should I be looking for anything else?

i would DEFINITELY bring it to the attention of your dealer that it is belching smoke. keep a note of when (mileage) it happens, or if its rather frequent try to get the exact conditions that cause it to happen.

even if its related to the regen, if its serious smoke (black blue or white) its illegal, so something needs to change.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just food for thought, my truck started regen today and for about 10 seconds, white smoke from exhaust, only does it occasionally. no trouble codes or driving problems, been that way for over a year and half now.

tnsilverfx4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yea, they smoke when they regen. Most of the time you can't see any exhaust unless it regens. My smoking incident was a cloud, about 10x thicker than what you see when the 7.3 guys blow black smoke when they accelerate.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its that bad see the dealer. let them figure it out and if anything is wrong its warranty.

tgilmore99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wht smoke

I have a 6.4L 08. I had the same problem. Step on the gas and it will just pour out. Would go into regen frequent. Took it in and the radiator had a hole in it and was low on coolant. They did a recall change on another part. Has to do with a relief for the radiator. They also found 3 injectors that were not operating correctly. I got it back and seems fine so far.

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine used to do the same thing, but it only would do it when I got off the highway if I would set the cruise and not touch the throttle. When I accelerate from the off ramp, extreme white smoke very bad. The dealer flashed the PCM to the latest and I also had a cracked turbo pipe they changed. I never new it was cracked. It hasn’t happened since. You probably just need the flash (not the pipe )

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im at 10k i get the white smoke in the morning but only two times it was belching it and for the time of 30 seconds otherwise its just for 5-10 seconds , trucks in for pcm re-program maybe things will change ....

SSCCOOTTII

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had the same prob on Sunday. white smoke some bluish. loss of power when I got in to it. that is the only time it did it is when i got into it. but.... I was on the road coming from florida to ohio. I ran that tank of fuel out. It seem fine now. ??? hopefully it was bad fuel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58